Abdul Hodge

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sta-Chisle, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sta-Chisle

Sta-Chisle Guest

We need a MLB. With that said I know D'Qwell was one of the first players to come visit our facilities. What about Hodge? Are we not even going to consider him?

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I think it will come down to...A) who's still there and B) which one can offer depth to OLB as well as being good in coverage. From what I'm told, Jackson is the one that fits that bill, but he may not be there.

3. Sta-Chisle

Sta-Chisle Guest

NFL.com mock doesn't even have D'Qwell being picked up in the first or second. I just figure if we are gonna go MLB shouldn't we bring'em all in to further evaluate?

4. yes we should

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hodge doesn't have jackson's cover ability. with jackson in the lineup we could stay in our base even against three WRs. i don't think we could do that with hodge.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't see any situation that we would rather have a MLB on the field vs. 3 wide than just putting our nickelback (probably Woolfolk or Fuller) on the field instead. Even teams with excellent MLB's probably wouldn't do that very often.

7. metal957

metal957 Starter

Abdul Hodge is a better run stopper which we would need.

8. werent we really bad at run stopping last year, we used to be the best team in the league but these last few years weve been terrible at it

9. smili

smili Starter

Griesen's still out there too I think. I'm wondering if there's some contract in the work with him pending how our draft and McNair situation turn out. Sirmon is still in the picture also for MLB.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

teams do that sometimes. it depends on the situation. i remember we used a 3-3-5 when we had the speed at linebacker to help our run defense against 3 WR sets.

i'm not saying play bulluck man to man on brandon stokely. when you stay in your base 4-3 you play a cover two or three with zone under it. usually on 3rd and 5, or something when a run isnt out of the question. obviously if it's 3rd and 9, we would send out the extra DB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar