About the TE position for the TiTans...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Week 2?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is that better..

Maybe in DAY 2 we draft a TE but i doubt it.

We need defense, wide receivers and interior offensive lineman. Even another QB before we draft a TE..

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Actually, most people should probably agree with this statement, we do need depth there, beyond Vince we've got Kerry Collins (who I believe was signed to a one year deal and therefore will probably not be a Titan next season) and Matt Mauck, who's spent at least three years on the practice squad :flush:

4. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I'd love to see us pickup Graham. My buddy who works for the Patriots never stops shutting up about how under utilized he is in New England and what a monster of a dedicated athlete he is. Says he would be a Top 5 TE in the league easy if he was in a different situation. My buddy also told me we were stupid to pay Givens the money we did when we signed him and so far he was spot on with that assesment.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Because he got hurt, let him get through a full season, then pass judgement (unless he doesn't stay healthy through this season, because then there's no way anyone could argue he's not injury-prone)

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Oh I'm not passing judgement yet but I do feel we overpaid. I would love to be proved wrong on this one!:yes:

7. We've got a couple of extra 6th rounders, so I expect the titans will look at using one of em on a tight end...

8. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

Instead of drafting one we could just give a roster invite to guys like Blakely and Gunther. I would much rather give them a shot rather than wasting a pick on another TE. Our guys we got now are fine when healthy, boy have we used that line too much!

9. Bo Scaife was a 6th round pick, do you think he was a waste of a pick?...

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No reason to over pay for a TE who isn't any better than what we already have on our roster. I mean 21 catches for 235 yards is not eye popping especially when we already have Scaife (29 catches for 370 yards and missed time injured). We also still have Troupe, year before last had 55 catches for over 500 yards. It would be ridiculous to pay a vet TE big money and then have to have Scaife or Troupe be the 3rd TE. I would rather send some money Scaife's way to extend him. Another dilema signing another TE would cause is if Troupe puts together a year even better than his 500+ yard year. We would have to let him walk after next year because we have so much tied up in the TE postion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar