AC/DC vs Aerosmith CLOSED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 18, 2016.

?

BAND WARS RD1: AC/DC vs Aerosmith

Poll closed Feb 19, 2016.
  1. AC/DC

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. Aerosmith

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

BAND WARS RD1: AC/DC vs Aerosmith

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

that's a hard one. Aerosmith is much more versatile, but when it comes to straight rocking, ACDC is hands down, one of the best in rock history.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

no question about it AC/DC

5. nickmsmith

ACDC is a one trick pony.. but it's one awesome trick.

It's hard enough to where I'm not going to vote. I don't like competitions when it comes to music..art's so subjective, and both of these bands are honestly deserving of winning.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I never really got the hype for AC/DC. I do like some of their songs but I guess it's just one of those things where you had to be there. I was just a bit too young.

7. nickmsmith

If you like one of their songs, you like all their songs. Very little variation in their tunes. in the 70s with Bon Scott, they had some tunes that were bluesy and less upbeat.. but pretty much, if you've heard a few of their tunes, you've heard all of them.

Aerosmith is much more musically creative, and has more mass appeal. And Steven Tyler is a legendary vocalist, no doubt about it. But I'd probably rather see ACDC live.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I was mostly referring to the "hits". I can appreciate that they are catchy tunes but I've never felt compelled to really dig in and explore their catalog.

I agree minus the part about rather seeing AC/DC live. It's Aerosmith by a mile for me. And I don't even really consider myself a huge Aerosmith fan.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

My attitude toward AC/DC changed drastically when I became the de facto house bassist for an AC/DC tribute concert series. Before I was all like "meh...decent generic rock..."; now I see what a masterful formula it is...and it IS a formula, and one that your average rock musicians cannot fathom how to recreate. I was surprised at how many major fans I was surrounded with who just couldn't grasp the concept, showing up with little Peavey Backstage amps and shoving a Strat through a stupid distortion pedal, playing everything with barre chords...bass players trying to play all the chord changes instead of riding the I note...drummers trying to push Peart into the mix...holy crap. It gave me LOTS of respect for the restraint of Cliff Williams and an understanding of how adding even one extra note can derail the vibe of the song.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Ugh, possible the two most overrated bands ever.

I will go with Aerosmith, at least all their songs do not sound too much alike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar