Academy Awards

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The danish movie "In A Better World" won for Best Foreign Language Film.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Dogtooth was better.

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Out of the nominees, I only saw Dogtooth. While it was disturbing, there was really no point to the story other than to be disturbing. I was disappointed.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'll try to leave the politics out of this conversation but there are some very interesting (and crazy) things going on in Greece. Wonderful social commentary and more inherently human and relevant than any of the other nominees, IMO.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm glad Black Swan didn't win best picture. It was horrible. That was one of the only nominated films I saw, and it just wasn't good.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That grey-haired ponytail guy was a trailblazer in the field of movie FX. 7 Oscars to date. A true difference maker.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

My biggest disappointment from last night was Original Score. Hans Zimmer's Inception score is epic. The whole Johnny Marr bit sends chills down the spine.
    Though I'm a Nine Inch Nails fan, Trent Reznor shouldn't have even come close...

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Agreed. Reznor's score was just bland. Ominous tones win Oscars now?

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Hmm... maybe that's why I felt there was zero attempt at developing the mother & father characters and no explanation for their actions. I don't know what is going on in Greece.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Geoffrey Rush and Colin Firth deserved nominations but the film didn't warrant attention in any other categories.

I would have given best actor to Franco
    Director to Boyle.

90 minutes of camera time for one actor is impressive for both the actor and the director.

Best screenplay to The Social Network - it was a very good script and an enjoyable movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar