According to SI.com's Don Banks, the Titans "covet" South Florida DE Jason PierrePaul

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jessestylex, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

RollTide, Dunlap draft stock is falling. He's projected early 2nd now. He'll be available in the 2nd. Teams will take Morgan, Graham, JPP, Hughes, and Griffen before him.

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree. I do think one or more of the DEs will fall into 2nd round and Dunlap has as good of chance as any along with Griffen. For one I don't see either of those guys being appealing to 3-4 teams which limits their value. Both are seen as underachievers with solid workouts. Those kind of guys usually slip unless you can do back flips. I expect JPP, Hughes, Kindle, Morgan and Graham to all go in the first. Throw in DTs going in the first like Suh, McCoy, Williams and Odrick and you already have 9 DL/3-4 OLBs guys going in the first. Someone is going to drop. I also think we will have some CBs like McCourty, Jackson and Robinson will also crack the 1st round along with Mays, Berry and Thomas. Eventually you run out of picks and some guys slip into the early 2nd round.

3. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Which is why I in all honesty am advocating taking the best offensive players if they drop. Why settle for a middle of the pack D prospect when we might have the opportunity to draft Spiller, Tate, or Bryant?
    It takes 3 years for a WR to mature in the league; some might call us 'set' at WR with Washington and Gage in the short term; (I disagree with that assessment anyway). But...we have Britt and if we have a chance at grabbing one of the top WR prospects now; grab him. Let him (Tate or Bryant), Britt, CJ, Cook, and Young grow together.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes they are. They've proven they can be great players consistently in college against top competition.

Doesn't mean they'll be great in the NFL- but you'd better like the odds of it more than some guy that is a complete shot in the dark.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'd be perfectly ok with us trading back into the late 1st for a 2nd rounder and taking Dunlap. If anyone can get him under control it's Wash, I don't think his issues are even issues to the Titans. He's probably rated top 15 on their board.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Washburn can't make a guy try if he just doesn't want to.

See: Albert Haynesworth.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I agree on Spiller or Bryant. Not so sure drafting anyone else isn't reaching a little. Benn, Thomas and Tate are middle of the pack WRs IMO who belong closer the end of round one and early 2nd. I do like the fact Benn and Thomas are big physical WRs like Britt. I'd be satisfied if we could trade down and get one of the WRs but not sure if they have value at #16.

I'm all for taking the BPA at 16, offense or defense.

8. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I'm going to start a thread on the top 3 WR's...I think you'll be surprised. I know what you're saying about value; but...CJ was predicted to be a 2nd rounder and we 'reached'. how's that working for the rest of the league now?
    BPA all the way and i think we're gonna luck out bc people are gonna make a run on OT, QBs, and Defense before we pick.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Certainly you aren't comparing CJ to a group of vanilla WRs? CJ's draft predictions were based on questions about his size and how he would fit. On top of that we had the Reggie Bush reach as a comparison. I give the Titans a huge amount of credit for believing CJ could be an every down back.

For a team desperate for a WR the 16th spot wouldn't be all that bad for a guy like Thomas or Tate. I still wonder if either of those guys is really the BPA. Who knows who is going to be left on the board? I agree we should go BPA no matter if it is defense or offense. If Bryant is there we can probably safely say is he would fall into the BPA category. Not sure about the others.

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

For the sake of spirited debate and nothing more; how can you honestly categorize a Biletnikoff Award winner and 2009 AP All-American as a vanilla WR? Secondly, we had Justin Gage and Nate Washington as our starters last year. If that isn't desperate; I don't know what is. The CHICAGO BEARS let him sign with us; and they're in worse shape then we are. Nate couldn't catch a cold if the game is on the line in below freezing weather.
    Regarding CJ; I don't think the Titans initially saw him as an every down back. He was planned as change of pace to Lendale. Yes the knock on CJ was his size, durability, and level of competition; but he came through and we did 'reach' for him. He was on my radar and I wasn't disappointed at all once we selected him but thought we could have traded down a few extra spots.
    I am higher on Tate than Bryant. I think Tate brings a unique skill set that our offense needs. He's played in a pro style offense, premium production, at a supposedly premier program. The knock on him is his size as well; that's the only thing that is holding him back from being rated higher IMO. He is perfect for a scrambling QB and would be the ultimate compliment to Britt's skill set.
    He is certainly not vanilla though. Watch the video again please and tell me why you think he's vanilla.
    Tate or Bryant or Spiller and I would be on cloud 9 draft day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar