Actual parts of Pac's letter from Goodell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Come on BP. You gotta get stronger.

2. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I'm not making Pac to be a God, I know what he's done and I'm the first to say "what a dumbazz" when it happens, but I just think Adams' statement here is totally out of place. Don't like Adams, never did, never will, and this is not the type of comment that is gonna help Pac. It's obvious Adams doesn't know crap about Jones or people like him or he'd a just kept his mouth shut. We're all walking a fine line here, and I for one would like things to really go right for Pac. For him and for this franchise. Jones has never done anything to Adams personally but give him joy all last season. I recall when Randy Moss was in trouble that the Vikes owner backed him up in saying he'd try to offer counseling to the WR. So why is Adams copping an attitude with HIS player? If Tag was still commish and they'd just slapped him on the wrist Bud would be saying how Pac is an important part of the team right now... What a hypocrite...

Good job Bud...

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

:))

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I said God's Gift...
    man, there is no helping Adam Jones.
    You might as well offer prayers to St. Jude.
    [​IMG]

O most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the church honors and invokes you universally, as
    the patron of hopeless cases,
    of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.

Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (state your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.

I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.

Amen

I'm out of hope for him. I don't think he can live through the suspension without finding more trouble. I don't think he can save himself anymore. The how's and what's about how he got to where he is do not matter any more. No appeal can win. It won't happen. That leaves Adam to live it out. Based on his past, what has he done or not done to inspire hope? I saw a youtube of him at a dance party and he said he "didn't give a f-word :cuss: yo n-word...I ain't gonna change for nobody...ya'll mutha-f words can kiss my ***...etc...:rant:" .
    It's time to face the music and just accept that he's not an NFL guy anymore. I don't think he will be allowed to play anywhere. If he is somehow cleared to play I bet we have his rights, which we would have to waive, so, I mean that's one thing we shouldn't worry about. I just don't believe that he has the stuff to get himself back on the football field.

Sledge, Riverman... tell me why I should believe in him when he has shown me nothing but disappointment time and time again?

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

There is dude...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

nice try Sledge but on field performance has nothing to do with off the field behavior. Maybe when I said "nothing but disappointment" I should have limited it to off the field. On the field he shows nothing but promise, but sadly, I'm afraid he has turned to the Dark Side of the Force.

[​IMG]

7. Riverman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

People do change.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

RiverDaddy, as much as it pains me, because I haven't liked Deion since the "incident" in Cleveland when he played baseball for Cincinatti, but anyway. When he took that "mug shot" he was arrested for fishing without a license. Actually, he was skating in thin ice when he played for the Cowboys and had that tacky golf cart to scoot around St. Edwards.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO Primetime!

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Want me to post those pics, Elfie?

10. Riverman

Like him or not, he was an integral part of the NFL, highlighted by the media and now part of it. There are less flambouyant examples of initially unpopular characters that settled down. It does happen. Sometimes, DUI arrest, gun possession arrest characters get married, have children and later become league MVP.

Look- Pac is what 23 years old? Undeniably and most definitely his behavior needs to change. His decisions need to improve. He needs to associate with characters that are law-abiding and generally embraced by society. Can he do it? Absolutely- NFL history is rife with examples.

Will he do it? I don't know. I don't know him. But I'm not so egocentric to think I do and make statements that he is a "thug" and "leopards don't change their spots" yada..yada...blah...blah...blah. When I was 21 my hair was past my shoulders and I was kickin bass in a garage band. A couple of years later I was top in my class and better for my experiences. I had to associate less with some "derelict" and unproductive friends to achieve "mainstream" success. It happens.

You know my contention is not that he has done wrong things or that he does not need to change but rather the excessive and unjust length of the suspension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar