Adams has plans to be with Titans for draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewsGrabber, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Ownership's presence on draft weekend is no story in Houston, Indianapolis or Jacksonville.</p> <p>But it's a rarity in Tennessee.</p> <p>Bud Adams is an-out-of-town owner, still based in his team's original home city of Houston while the Titans operate out of Nashville. But Adams has a trip planned and is expected to be at team headquarters Saturday for the draft.</p> <p>Adams has not been a meddlesome owner in personnel matters since the franchise relocated to Tennessee after the 1996 season. His one major thumbprint on football decisions came in 2006, when he prompted his people to take Texans quarterback <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9589" target="_new">Vince Young</a> third, over <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9596" target="_new">Matt Leinart</a> or <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9597" target="_new">Jay Cutler</a>.</p> <p>I don't expect Adams will do much more than ask to be informed and nod approval as Mike Reinfeldt and Jeff Fisher make decisions following the draft board the team has set.</p> <p>His wife, Nancy, passed away on Feb. 1, and Adams had often skipped trips in recent years to remain by her side as she was less and less able to travel.</p> <p>If he makes the scheduled trip, Adams will surely get some time with his grandson, Kenneth Adams. Only a few years removed from college, Kenneth Adams serves as executive assistant to the highest ranking member of the Nashville front office, Steve Underwood, but will be made a vice president in coming years and is <a href="/blogs/afcsouth/0-7-100/Tennessean-details-Titans-succession-plan.html" target="_blank">ultimately in line</a> to own the team.</p>

More...

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Pat White will be taken.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Not if we don't have a second round pick :)

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

on Sunday

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

:eh?:

Maybe this is a sign were trading VY to the Texans for Andre Johnson!

Hey, it could happen! Okay, maybe not.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Bud in the War Room spooks me a bit. I'm sure he'll go with the front office recommendation but I almost hope they start feeding him scotch about pick #25 so he's telling old AFL stories to someone in the corner or is in the can when the Titans are on the clock.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Eh, I have a feeling he just wants to be with his grandson who will eventually take over the franchise.

I'm sad for Bud that his wife passed. I'm sure he's realizing he may not be around for many more drafts.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If I am at that point in my life where I don't have much time, the last thing I am going to do is spend it at a draft.

That's like going on a diet and beginning with a chocolate cake.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We going to draft Clay Matthews.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

That doesn't make any sense to me.

This is Bud's franchise, I think he's interested in its direction and to spend time with the family that will run the franchise when he's gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar