Adams & Howard

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by netnut, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Starter

Who is Jamal Adams? I literally have not heard this guys name brought up at all as a first round pick this season until the past week.
  2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I'm ok with one of the safeties, although I like Hooker better.

I'd rather have Foster than either honestly. I think that guy would be special for this defense for a long time.

I like the scenario of trading back to 10-12, taking foster there, and then taking one of the three top receivers at 18. I expect Williams will be gone, but I like the kid from W. Michigan as well, and I like Ross a lot too, would also help returning.

Then with the second round pick, I would be ok with Howard, if he is still there. I can see how a second legit tight end would really help this offense.

Of course, in order to do this, we would need to have handled the secondary during FA.

That is key. Sign a legit corner in FA. Take a good run at Berry too. Then you can be flexible in the draft.
  3. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Starter

I like Adams and Hooker over Foster because of their instincts.
  4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Starter

Both are absolute wrenches in passing game gears
  5. netnut

netnut Starter

strong saktey
  6. steverife

steverife Starter

Am I the only one who thinks that Adams mailed it in this year?
  7. Ensconatus

Ensconatus #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I already did my notes for Adams as well as the other top Safety prospects and it's a pretty clear difference.

He's not a perfect prospect but he has legit traits that will translate. He has to clean up his tackling consistency and his angles primarily.
  8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Boom or bust? Why???
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think Adams IS a very high football IQ, high effort, high character type player. He does have an all around game. But I question is overall athleticism sometimes so I'll be curious to see how he measures up.

My problem with guys like him are that they need to be used correctly...which I suppose you could say about almost anyone, but that's what keeps me from thinking he's a top 5 player.

If JRob loves him he might take him at 5 just to make sure we get HIM. On the other hand, what will he think of Hooker who might not be as well rounded a player but have physical gifts and even more range?
  10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I suspect we will see something similar though at pick 18 that might be the best of the cb's, wr's, or s's. I think the Titans would view CB as a bigger need whereas I think they think they don't HAVE to upgrade WR (if they upgrade TE) or S (if they upgrade at least 2 cb's). Plus, there will be talent at all those positions in round 3.

Don't be shocked if JRob throws a monkey wrench into this and takes a pass rusher at 5 or 18. They are hard to come by, we don't know what we have in Dodd, and Rak and Morgan aren't getting any younger!