Advice on Verizon phones

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Jun 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's time to renew the plan which means it's time to upgrade the phone.

Currently, I don't surf with my phone or text much (though that may change). I don't know if I'd listen to music on it. I am looking for something durable with a long battery life.

Any recommendations?
  2. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I'm in the same boat. It's new phone time. I still really enjoy my motorolla razor (my phone gets a lot of use and abuse and it's never given me a problem), but it's time for renewal and the free upgrade that goes with it.
  3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

The enV is nice. Haven't tried the enV2 but I'd bet you can get the old one for cheap. That said, it doesn't make a huge difference. Once you get to a certain point, you're just paying for bells and whistles (although that Voyager sure is nice).
  4. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I can't speak to the particular phones offered by Verizon as I use T-Mobile, but you can't go wrong with Nokia. I've tried others but always come back to Nokia.
  5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

enV

it's a very good phone but it's for texting mostly
  7. maximus

maximus Camp Fodder

I have the EnV. I like it a lot. Would definitely reccomend it. I would not go after a razor, I had 7 razors over a 2 year contract (only one was my fault).
  8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

The env is probably the best verizon phone. I hate the razor, had so many problems with it.
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

EnV is an alright phone. Verizon doesn't have them for sale anymore, I dont think? My wife wanted one and assumed she could get one cheap due to age, but I didnt see any online the last time I looked.

I have the Juke. It's great for me, but I could understand why a lot of people wouldn't like it. I mostly use my phone for calling. Don't text (dumbest way of communication ever, imo), don't surf, and don't use my phone for a camera often.

I just needed a sleek design that makes calls and plays music. It's got those areas nailed.
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

Hate the Razor.

Before I got my last phone, the advice I heard was don't buy Motorola. Thinking back, I had more problems with Motorola than other brands, so I went with the free LG phone verizon offered on the website with plan renewal. Haven't had any problems with it, and it's had some hard falls in the 6 or so months I've had it.

It's not a very cool model, and I don't use the web via phone. But it's fine for what I use it for, talking on the phone and text messages.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.