Advice thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Scarecrow, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I will trade you Alex Smith for Gore. That will cure all your problems.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Thanks Tips! ;)

I actually ended up starting New england & Ridley anyway. Got a couple tough ones this week:

Flex Spot: Eric Decker or Alfred Morris- If you're just looking at their stats from last week, it seems like an obvious decision to go with Morris. But I don't trust Shanahan with RBs. And Decker was targeted 7 times last week and Manning looked really good throwing the football. Plus I could very easily see Atlanta vs. Denver turning into a shootout. I'm actually leaning toward Decker at this point.

and in another league...

Flex Spot: Trent Richardson or Kenny Britt or Miles Austin- It would be really hard for me to bench Richardson, even after his dismal week 1. He still got 19 carries and only had a couple days of practice. I expect he'll be even more involved this week. Miles Austin is another one of those guys I just have trust issues with. I always end up with him on a roster or two each season and it just seems like he's always blowing up when he's on my bench and always laying an egg when I start him. Britt is the biggest risk of the three but he also has the highest ceiling. Major blowup potential anytime he's in the game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wow. In hindsight, I gave some horrible advice.

I'd go Decker. As you said, you can't trust Shanahan with RBs... Helu and Royster will both start games at some point.

I may be a homer, but I'd go Britt. I think he'll have a huge game... and get hurt week 4. I'd go Austin before Richardson. Richardson will have another bad game IMO - 8 or 9 in the box every play. Make Weeden beat you... which he won't. It's between Britt and Austin for me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree with RSB

Decker is slightly more proven than Morris. Plus they have other guys at RB.

I would get as much as you can out of Britt now.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

lemme get drew off yah bro.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sure Stafford had some picks last week but he ended up throwing for more yards than any other QB in the league when all was said and done. And I imagine he's easily going to finish in the top 5 at the end of the season. I would start Stafford with confidence each and every week. Brutal matchup this week though. But I'd still go Stafford. Thing is, you KNOW the Lions are going to throw it a ton. With the Texans you never know. It could be one of those days where they just run the ball down the other team's throat. Schaub had two 300+ yard games all of last season. Stafford had nine. Schaub had one 3+ TD game last season. Stafford had eight. Of course Schaub only played 10 games but even taking that into consideration the numbers are still heavily in Stafford's favor.

But you never know and Schaub could blow up. I just like to play the odds. And IMO the odds are greater that Stafford throws for a bunch of yards and multiple TDs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm just messing with you. I think most everyone, even a lot of experts, would have said the same thing. Jennings and Buffalo made the most sense based on what we saw in the preseason. I just had a feeling about Ridley so I went with him at the last minute.

8. RavensShallBurn

I knew you were joking... it's just funny to see how bad my advice ended up being. I'm glad you went with your gut...

I made a lot of bad decisions this week, but still won in 4/7 of my leagues. I started Jennings in one league and Buffalo in another... immediately dropped both of them.

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Thanks Sawdust. You are the man.

(get it?)

10. RavensShallBurn

You're not in the gotitans league are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar