Afalava could be good fit against Houston

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Safety Al Afalava had just started to see significant playing time for the Titans when he sprained an ankle. It happened in the team’s Nov. 4 game against Chicago on the day he got a season-high 36 snaps.

Afalava returned to the practice field this week, so it will be interesting to see how much action he sees against Houston. His forte is run defense, and his physical style might work well against a Texans’ team that has one of the league’s top running attacks.

“Al hasn’t done anything for a couple of weeks as far as football, so we’ll get a chance to see what he can do,” Titans defensive coordinator Jerry Gray said. “We know we like his physical presence and that helps our defense.

“When you’ve got physical football players out on the field as a defense, it helps you. We’re trying to get those type guys out there. If he’s ready to go, we welcome him being out on the football field.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

You know, i actually enjoyed watching alfalfa playing. I am gonna look forward to his return. At least he is a potential bright spot at safety.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I wanted this guy to start since he chipped that sticker on his helmet.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Don't Do Stupid Sh't !

No doubt
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Said it when everyone thought Afalava was nothing, this kid has it. He lays the wood, hes a football player who just needs time to find his place on a team.
  6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

He hits hard. He doesn't wrap up well at all though. Then again, neither do our other safeties who don't hit hard.
  7. steverife

steverife Starter

I could see him accidently knocking out Griffin. That is about the only positive.
  8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He hurt Foster last game. Foster never ran the same after that hit. Let's hope he can do it early this week.

Going to my 1st Titans game in 2 years this weekend!