AFC South- Power Division?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I thought someone else would have already started a thread on this...

After three weeks, the AFC South is undefeated by outsiders. None of the teams in the division have lost a game to a non-division opponent. Not only are we the only division without a team with a losing record, but we're the only division without two teams with a losing record.

I know it's early, but the entire division looks good so far. It's possible for a single division to earn both wild cards. As far as I know, it hasn't happened in the current division format. It's going to be a tough fight in the division, and I have absolutely no idea what the final standings will be. But here's to our division, so far looking the best in the NFL!

Any thoughts or predictions on how this will end up? Surely one team will lose steam along the way... Hopefully one of us will take the colts down a peg. It isn't going to be us until the final week, so we have to hope someone else gets to them.

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

With the Jaguars at the bottom!

3. GoTitans3801

I would normally agree, but they looked good against Denver. It's hard to read everyone this early... then again, maybe losing two to the texans will really knock them down, and out of contention for the division.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think it happened last season. Weren't the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants all in the playoffs last year?

Our division looks suprsingly tough so far this year. Proves never to put much faith or stock in strength of schedule.

5. GoTitans3801

What do you know, you'd think that was an obvious one. I'd say it's much harder to do in the AFC though... Not that we're anywhere close to it happening yet.

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Indy - 13-3
    Tennessee - 12-4
    Houston - 11-5
    Jacksonville - 11-5

That would be awesome

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I'm not ready to crown us all champs or chumps just yet, but I will say that I think there is very little difference in the AFC South from top to bottom. The race appears to be wide open.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Are we who we thought we are?

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

My predictions:

Colts: 12-4
    Titans: 11-5
    Texans: 9-7
    Jags: 8-8

Count on no one team dominating another within this division; gonna be case of one team eliminating another...

10. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

I think it's exciting, and I'm glad that we're in a tough division for two reasons.

1. You always want to be in a tough league because it gives your team more credibility. Think of it at the college level. The best team in the Big 10 this year will not be looked at on the same level as the best time, in say, the SEC. It's a down season for the Big 10 and as a result, all teams suffer reputation wise.

2. Playing tough teams during the season will prepare the team better, for what I hope is a deep playoff run. Most probably considered the Texans a couple of sure wins, in what looked like a very tough schedule to start the season. Now they may not be, but if we're going to make a run at it, the more tough games we play through the season the better off we'll be down the road. I mean, we'll have to beat teams of that caliber eventually in the post season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar