AFC South Rankings: Coaching

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mdfan, Jul 1, 2008.

?
  1. Colts: Dungy

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Jags: Del Rio

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Titans: Fisher

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  4. Texans: Kubiak

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Loud mouth cheater patriots coach..
    Before brady..won 43% of games..
    After brady....won 78% of games..

Tony over rated dungy..
    Before manning...won 60% of games
    After manning.....won 76% of games

So who is the one most reliant on the great QB?

Belijerk is considered the greatest genius in the history of coaching according to the press.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

^ Yeah reading that I don't see how. (and I don't think Dungy is over-rated)

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Manning makes Dungy look good. how could Dungy do if his team was the Titans?

4. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

RollTide is rolling!

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Look at what he did with the Bucs. Similar team.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

To get to that game they had to beat the patriots.

Who first hired hired lovey smith?

Can Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne play defense? 9 of dungy's 12 teams finished in the top 10 in scoring defense.

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

But in the 2 post season meetings before that (2003 and 2004 I believe) it was the Patriots that came out on top. Even though they finally won a SB against the Bears, the Colts always seemed to choke in the playoffs, much like Dungy's Tampa Bay team in his last few seasons there. Don't you remember the Jets 41-0 playoff beatdown of the Colts back in his first season there? After consecutive playoff losses to the Patriots they also lost to the Steelers in the divisional round after starting the season 13-0.

Not going to lie though, his Tampa 2 defense is legit. Maybe overrated is the wrong word, I mean he's a solid coach but with only one ring to show for all of his post season appearances, I just don't think he's as great a coach as everyone makes him out to be.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Couldn't you say the exact same thing about our team and our coach, minus the "ring to show for it" part?

Even if it's just the one year, he deserves credit that they finally did win.

And let's not forget, Dungy completely turned around a losing franchise in Tampa. Well he had a major part in that anyway. So I think he deserves a lot of credit.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Most players/coaches never win a ring. That's why I give alot of credit to Dungy. He's one of the best coaches in the league.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

NCAAlover, you are placing too much emphasis on a few games vs the 100 games he had to win to even get into those situations. The main reason dungy didn't win in the post season with tampa was the QB. And who considers it some sort of shame to lose to a great team like the patriots?

Dungy is a POS because he lost to one of the great teams ever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar