AFC South Rankings: TE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jun 6, 2008.

?
  1. Colts: D. Clark, J. Tamme

18.9%
  2. Jaguars: M. Lewis, G. Wrightster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Texans: O. Daniels, M. Bruener

1.4%
  4. Titans: A. Crumpler, B. Scaife

79.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Love how you nonchalantly ride your horse in here and throw insults around but are quick to warn non-Dolt fans who insult Dolt fans on your board. You're a joke bro.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Well if any Titan fan calls this flamer out, Bipolar warns everyone to leave him alone...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

ok then we'll just use sacks

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Then why do you colt fools think Sanders is the best Safety in the league, all he can do is tackle. He sure as hell isn't an all round safety.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Haha and who the hell has Dallas Clark blocked since he got to Indy?

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is silly because even if we consider clark and crumpler comparable our other TEs are much better. Scaife a solid player and stevens a third rd pick vs tamme.

Prior to last season clark averaged just 30 catches a year in a colts offense that completed an average of 350 passes a year. Not even 10%! In 2006 clark didn't even lead the TEs in catches uthect did. Utect clark and fletcher combined for 85 catches and clark only got 35% of those! So even when you don't take into account the WRs catches clark's value is not over whelming because the backs usually catch 50 balls and his fellow TEs catch quite a few. Fletcher hardly plays and catches 18 balls a year so how is 30 that impressive for the starter?

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Colts total RB and TE catches 2003-2007..

Clark 179

That's only 25%! Clark has only caught 25% of the balls the TEs and RBs are getting. So blaming his small numbers on the WRs doesn't wash.

Ben Utecht has averaged 34 catches the last 2 seasons as a backup TE. Dominick rhodes averaged 18 catches a season there as a backup RB. The #3 TE gets 18 catches. Everyone gets the ball in that offense. Why then should i pee my pants over a guy who has averaged 37 catches a year as a front line player?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Jeremy shockey bashers take note.

62 catches 705 yards. That's what shockey has averaged per season. You don't put up those numbers and suck.

Frank wycheck in his 5 best seasons for us averaged 693 yards a season.

I doubt if there are 7-8 TEs in history who have produced more yards in their first 6 seasons than that. 4228 yards.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

omahacolt...

First, you replied to my last post with...I didn't say anyone was ignorant. Try reading what I quoted of you! Technically you didn't say someone was ignorant, but that there argument was. Small difference.

Second, you said Crumpler was Vick's 1st read on every pass play and Clark was Manning's 3rd read. Do you happen to know both offenses and know their plays and QB read progressions? I didn't think so. And BTW, Manning changes a lot of stuff at the line of scrimmage and in one of the biggest passing plays of Colts history was a called deep flag to the TE against NE (on the Colts march to the SB). Considering Manning changed the play so the TE would be the #1 read...nice try making stuff up.

Third, I would have ripped out stats, but Rolltide has done an excellent job with it in the above 3 posts. If you look at how pass happy the Colts offense is (# of pass plays), the fact that Manning is easily a top 3 QB and that the WR's prevent Clark from ever being doubled, he has the perfect offense to play in. And believe it or not, Crumpler wasn't always the first read for Vick. Vick's WR's meant Crumpler was getting extra coverage virtually every play and Vick was a bottom 3rd QB throwing the ball. Oh yeah, and Crumpler was in a run happy offense. Clark in the perfect offense for stats and Crumpler in the toughest.

Again, you put Crumpler on the Colts for his entire career and the Colts would have won multiple SB's. Would the Falcons have been any better than they were? Probably not as good.

And as Tide points out...what's so special about Clark's numbers? Especially compared against the other players (backups) on his team?

Gut

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Agreed...

Shockey is an excellent TE when healthy. However, his problems have been staying healthy and a recent bout with the dropsies at most inopportune times (like 3rd down and in the endzone). He has a big mouth but is one of the toughest TE's to match up against one on one...especially when split out wide. You line up a LB or S on him and you're probably toast.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar