AFC Wildcard Playoffs: Tennessee Titans (10-6) @ San Diego Chargers (11-5)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans (10-6) will limp into the playoffs for the first time since the 2003 season. The San Diego Chargers (11-5), the AFC number three seed, will host the Titans Sunday afternoon at 3:30 PM CT.

Next to the Patriots, the Chargers are the hottest team in the league. Last week San Diego beat the Raiders 30-17 for their sixth win a row and tenth in their last twelve games.

Weather may play a huge role in this playoff battle. The forecast calls for rain, heavy at times, from Friday through Sunday. A flash flood watch has been issued and the field conditions may approach those seen in the Monday night mud game in Pittsburgh six weeks ago.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Run, Run, pass, pass no hudle offense get them all tired!!

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Those field conditions could turn out to be the equalizer :beerbang:

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Hottest team? I'm confused, they beat the likes of Detroit and Denver at home and the Raiders who they ALWAYS own. Wow

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yes. I like the idea of playing in poor conditions.

Tomlinson needs to spend as much time on his butt as possible.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Man this game is when I am back at work. I won't be able to focus.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

We have been predicted by this site to win....I think,....every game this year.....

Like I said last week, if the Titans really want it, it's theirs for the taking...

We'll see.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince has appeared to be a good turf qb (+15 career qb rating), and not as good on grass so I think I would prefer the dry conditions myself.

9. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i think this game revolves around phillip rivers. if we can get pressure on him he will make bad decisions. the reason sandiego is on a winning streak is purley because they played teams that didnt put any pressure on rivers and that opened up the running game.. w/ most teams the run sets up the pass but with sandiego its the other way around.. they will come out throwing and if we get pressure on him early and often he will be throwing the ball up for grabs and our db's will have a field day.. also this will help us control tomlinson.. the last time we played the chargers phillip rivers was on his back for 3 and half quarters but then all of a sudden 1 of 2 things happened either they found a way to stop our pass rush or we just stopped rusing the qb.. without albert or kvb up his butt rivers found a rythem and that led to lt findind his rythem and they came back and beat us.. also the more physical the game gets the more of a chance we have to win the chargers dont like to get hit trust me.. and last but not least jeff fisher is alot better of a coach then norv turner.. turner and the chargers proved they couldnt get it up for a big game at the begining of the season when they got waxed by the team that made them look stupid in the playoffs the year before the patriots.. the chargers talked smack all summer long about how dirty the patriots were and they had no class i mean heck L.T cried at the end of the game and you mean to tell me after all of that you let them run you over again.. please trust me norv is not a motivator..

10. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

when we beat the chargers i hope L.T has another melt down and starts crying again that will be fun to watch.. i cant wait payback is a day and a half away

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar