AFCS - Week 2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

When it comes to the fate of the Titans, the 2nd most important thing (next to the Titans winning) is our division losing. So I thought I would start a thread to discuss the matchups of our division rivals this week ... There was some talk about this in the Chiefs Post game thread, but I thought this could be its own thread for discussion. Here are the matchups for our division rivals this week:

Jax @ WAS

I was in shock at half-time last week when I saw that the Jags were up on the Eagles 17-0 ... then the Jags fell back to earth and allowed 34 unanswered points ... in 1 half.

So for the 2nd straight week, the Jags travel to an NFC East opponent and I see a second straight loss for them. I really don't think that the Redskins will be more than an average team this year, but being average is all they will need to beat the Jags. Jags fall 0-2

Hou @ Oak

Houston will have a good D this year, but I think the O will hold them back. (the O really only put up 10 points on the Redskins last week). But Oakland sucks too, so I could see Houston winning this game and starting 2-0. All their obnoxious fans will start talking about how great they are only to come crashing back down in the next couple weeks ... but Fitztragic is good enough to beat Oakland IMO

Phi @ Ind

Eagles pulled off their best imitation of the Colts last week, Scoring 34 unanswered points for a comeback win. Luck wasn't so lucky (although he was still pretty lucky) against the Broncos. This is the game (other than Titans) that I will be paying the most attn to (especially since it is on MNF). Eagle need to get out to a MUCH faster start than last week, but finish the game like they did last week. Colts have a tendancy to get down early, Chip Kelly cannot let up if that happens. I could see this game going either way (although I am sure the Colts will luck into a win like they do every year)

Anyway ... here's to hoping all our Div rivals lose this week!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Only team Im keeping an eye on is Indy, theyre about to fall to 0-2

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I really want to believe that, and I think the Eagles can beat them, but damn it just seems like they always get lucky then the media jumps all over that mediocre ass team

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Good to see we're actually favored this week.

TEN over DAL
    HOU over OAK
    PHI over IND
    JAX over WAS

At the end of week 2 I believe Indy sits alone at the bottom of the division looking up at their three "inferior" rivals.

I actually think we might drop the game to CIN in week 3 and HOU will probably beat NYG to move to 3-0 and lead the division. But I think they will prove to be frauds taking advantage of a very weak opening schedule. We will pass them soon enough and never look back. Division title.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. NcTitans_fan

NcTitans_fan Starter

heres the thing without watt the Texans are nothing...if you contain him they offense is so suspect I would have Oakland winning this week

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I don't care about the other teams, we're going 16-0, haven't you heard?!?! Yeah, JK....

But our division will prove to be better than most people think. JAX has a good HC, and he will keep them in games. I think they can be a very pesky team this year.

As we know, Fitz can do enough to win games as well. When he was here and the D came to play, we won some games. Not to mention, we didn't really have a running game or a good OL last year (2 things HOU's got in spades - or at least relative to what we had last year). I can see them doing better than people think...

As for Indy, they will compete week in and week out.

The AFCS doesn't look like it will be the push-over division like it was last year... at all...

But its still very early, only time will tell...

7. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Indy loses to Philly.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Before the season started, I had the Colts at 0-2... I was pretty high on Philly.

After they struggled with the Jags I'm expecting the Colts to beat them.

I hope I'm wrong.

It sure would be amazing to be 2-0 and have the Colts at 0-2... and even better if we beat them week 4. They'd be dead in the water.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I just want to see a team's defense not go full retard in the second half against the Colts.

Broncos' defense went conservative and too many receivers were wide open too often. Also, more than once the tackling was weak.

10. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

This thread idea is very underrated. I like it.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar