Afroman punch out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XO

XO Nevada Native

You misunderstood.

I said twice that it isn't a race thing, it is a class thing. The norm in America is what you are saying. Montgomery is not the norm.

I'm saying that to 90% of people in MONTGOMERY think the way I stated.

My wife catches hell for being what is perceived as WHITE from her BLACK community.

We can talk more about this another time. Enjoy your trip.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Believe me, I know.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

...what do you mean "you guys"?

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I would imagine it's not culture but locale. I'm guessing that urban lower class people both black and white act differently than rural lower class. I have a hard time picturing Randy Moss acting ghetto or Eminem sounding like the HoneyBooBoo gang.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Was also very kind and respectful for nobody to show up at your gal's baby shower because you happened to be white. I still remember that. Pretty fking sh*tty.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Yea that was horrible.

She was down for awhile. Changed churches, had another baby shower in Tennessee and my family had like 50 people show up which helped.

It worked out. We joined a new church and people have been extremely nice. She is happy, much more diverse church.

She still catches hell. Way more than me.

I only had a problem at work. Her sister use to work with me and when she had the first shower her sister brought invitations to our office and passed them out. The lady that worked at the front desk asked her sister why her parents were letting her sister be with me.

None of the people I worked with showed either.

None of the people from her church outside of the pastor's wife came to the hospital.

None of my coworkers outside of my boss said anything to me agter my son was born. He actually got us a nice gift.

When my son got sick a month after he was born I took off for like a week and the department head tried to stop me from getting paid. Filed a complaint with HR, racial discrimination. It worked. Took more time off and got paid on FMLA.

She has been trying to fire me ever since.

Same woman stood with me in front off a classroom full high school kids and told them that white people will hold them back in this world and that Jim Crowe laws were coming back.

Had me looking like this.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Damn son, what kind of church did you guys go to? We have dozens and dozens of mixed raced marriages at my church. Or is it just a Montgomery thing....seems there are a lot of "Montgomery" things.

8. XO

XO Nevada Native

She went to an all black Church of Christ. It was 99.5% black with me being the 0.5% when I visited with her.

Montgomery is a **** hole.

City is extremely segregated. There are a handful of wealthy families that run EVERYTHING.

High crime, high ghetto, people are not nice.

A lot of dumb people run things here, really dumb people.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. XO

XO Nevada Native

I mean, my family warned me when we got engaged that it wouldn't be easy. I blew it off. Didn't really care.

In my mind I was in the south, I figured dumb ass rednecks might say stuff. I didn't care. It was whatever.

My wife was blindsided though when most of the trouble came from black people. She lost friends, her church, mentors, everything.

Honestly I was too. I didn't see it coming. It was naive on my part I guess.

I have a mean streak so people don't say **** to me directly at my job and the people she went to church with wouldn't dream of saying anything to me.

They would always wait when I wasn't around. She'd come home and tell me the comments people made. She'd cry.

Never hurt me directly. She always caught it.

Only problems I had were at work but that is probably the nature of working in an office full of liberal social justice warriors with soft degrees raised in a post civil rights Montgomery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar