After 2004, did we think Mason was done?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm trying to remember exactly how things went down. Was it cap related? I don't remember that being a big issue. I don't remember him being much of an issue, although he did seem to be developing a bit of that "big head WR" syndrome.

He'd still be our #1 and best WR. I know hind sight is 20-20, but am I forgetting some good reason he walked? Sometimes I can't remember 3 days ago, much less 3 years ago :lol:

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Definately a cap issue, and I hated to see him go. But IIRC, he was becoming frustrated with having to do punt returns. Me, i wonder if samari rolle talked him into going to Baltimore...which just got Titans fans PO'd.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Shouldn't that jersey in your sig read #25?

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I really wish he would have stuck around during the Vince era..

We have a new young QB which has shown the ability to be an 'above average/good' passer and possibly a 'very good' passer if the nimwits on the other side of the field could make the catches.. What we need now more than ever is a vet rather than another team's reject to come in and help build his confidence and buy us some time to bring in some promising youngsters through the draft. Giving up Mason was a mistake. I really hope Fish makes up for it by getting him a proven vet this offseason. We need consistency rather than flashy. Someone Vince can dump the ball to knowing he'll make the catch 8/10 times.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

:ha: No, it's intentionally #18. Some here will get the joke. ;)

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Its Mike Williams

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Most of our WR's catch like they have T-Rex arms :ha:

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

:ha: Yeah, really. It's funny b/c when he was in the game I was like "Wow, they have Troupe linning up on the outside against a corner", but then I realized that Troupe was the one in motion, and it was MW I was looking at. He makes Troupe look like Randy Moss (Build wise). That kid seriously needs to go on a diet, or get down on the line like everyone is asking/suggesting him to do. At that size the only seperation he's going to have is in the form of a letter at the end of the season.

Oh, yeah, D. Mase is still my all time favorite WR on this team. Givens (Earnest) is a close second, neck & neck almost. As much as I hated to see Mac go, I hated to see Mase leave even more.

I have a Boxer, and ended up naming him Mason. Though it was a cool name for a Dog, and he's great player.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Was his contract up, or was he cut? Can't believe I don't remember.

I remember the punt issues. He seemed like he didn't even care to do it when he got the ball. Maybe attitude had a bit to do with it. We know what Fish thinks about primadonna WR's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar