After 2004, did we think Mason was done?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mason was the only guy we were actually regretting letting go. However, he was still on the decline and has been ever since. He's been solid in Baltimore, but nothing special. He's not pro-bowl material or anything like he once was.

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He'd be our best WR.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

barking carnival. ;)

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Mason was the one player that I didn't want to lose... I was fine with Mcnair, George, Kearse, Rolle, Runyan ect, but Mason I knew would create more value. He'd be our number 1, add leadership to the offense taking that responsibility away from Young so he wouldn't have that burden...and would have added to the positive development of Young.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah I think there's no doubt out offense would be better with him here. He had such reliable hands, and could be the go to guy.

Like I said though, I don't remember the cap situation exactly. I know we were still going through the hell, but I don't remember how that whole scenario looked. Doesn't matter now of course, and we usually don't look at our former players and say "man if we only still had him". Bu man I wish we had mason back :lol:

6. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

He is not pro-bowl material but is second in the league in receptions. Huh?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Receptions? I couldn't care less who leads the league in receptions or who's 20th in receptions. Receptions mean nothing. Yardage does.
    And where is he on that list with all those receptions?

19th. That's not pro-bowl material. He can catch all the 5 yard passes he wants. He averages the lowest average per catch in the top 50 or so lol.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I know.. i got it from the first time i saw it..
    I was just trying to make a funny about Lendale. :grrhee:

9. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

Wasn't that around the time when agent Drew Rosenhaus:greedy: had contracts on three of our players? I think Mason and Rolle were two; but who was the other? EG?
    Check him out crying at Sean Taylor's funeral:suspect: :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d804cd3d6&template=with-video&confirm=true

Right now; he only has Zach Pillar.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well if the Shark was his agent, that can be a turn off.

It is odd that some of our best ended up as Ravens. Conspiracy! :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar