After 82 Plays Titans Defense Ready for Rest

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Against the Jaguars, the Titans defense was on the field for 82 plays — a total of 44 minutes, 22 seconds. Many Titans players were worn out following the 24-17 win. "With it being this warm this late in the year, it really wears you out," DE Kyle Vanden Bosch said. "I was cramping up a little bit in the fourth quarter. The way the game unfolded, there wasn't much time to catch your breath." Many players needed intravenous fluids at halftime after playing 40 snaps in the first half. Despite having so much work, the Titans defense scored 21 points and managed a goal-line stand at the end of a long Jacksonville drive. "They did all that work for nothing, pretty much," LB Keith Bulluck said. "It's demoralizing to a team to drive down 80 yards and not punch it in. You're doing everything right but scoring. That's got to be tough."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. That's the problem with scoring quickly, you don't give much rest to your defense...

3. maximus

maximus Starter

scoring quickly meaning let your defense do all the scoring

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Both ways. Clock control is a defense's best friend.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

After 82 players, some guys on defense should be ready to punk the DC

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I hope he stayed at a holiday inn express last night...

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

In the press conference with Fisher on NFL.com he doesn't sound like he's too happy with the defence being out there for so long.... reading between the lines he's saying the guys played good but noway should they have had to be out there for so long...

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He may have stayed in my room at the Downtown Convention Center...I wonder if he found my Reese's Pieces I left in the Fridge.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

The Bills offense is a rest, shut down the deep ball to evans, stick the line with 1 lb blitz to stop teh run, cuz the o-line is horrible, steady pass rush, and its over

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

The D showed a lot of heart Sunday, made plays when they had to and pretty much proved all the anti-schwartz crowd right (put me in that group) there are play makers on that side of the ball and more than a few, often with schwartzie scemes they are not put into a position to make plays, instead they are forced to read and react. Playing on the O side of the line of scrimage usually is a good thing.:grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar