After car wreck, safe to wonder if OL jinxed

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

It’s now safe to wonder if the Titans offensive line might be jinxed.

On Saturday night in Wisconsin, guard Mitch Petrus was a passenger in a cab involved in an automobile accident, Coach Mike Munchak confirmed on Wednesday. Petrus wasn’t injured in the accident the night before the team’s game against the Packers. He started the contest, but was replaced in the second half.

Coach Mike Munchak on Wednesday said Petrus made it back in time for curfew. Petrus practiced on Wednesday.

“He’s fine,’’ Munchak said. “He was a passenger in a cab that was in an accident. To happen in a small town, you don’t expect a lot of traffic problems. But the main thing is he didn’t get hurt and he was back in the hotel in a plenty of time.”

The Titans have lost four of their starting offensive linemen to injuries this season. Back-up center Kevin Matthews has also been lost for the season with an injury. Right tackle Mike Otto, who replaced David Stewart during the season, missed Sunday’s game with the flu.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I've thought that a lot more than this O line has been jinxed... for a long time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Train wreck metaphor more appropriate.

Please- kill the diversion. Our OL stinks because of the moves the FO did and didn't make in the off-season and the draft. They extended Amano, passed up DeCastro and Konz in the draft, and failed to land wells or Myers. Settled for ( and most likely overpaid) Hutchinson who hasn't helped that much. Sad really, when both our HC and OL coaches are HOF linemen.

4. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Thank goodness he was ok. The season would have been lost with out him, as well as the game.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

gif hf

6. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I think a lot of that has to do with Munch and Bruce thinking that they can turn anyone into a capable starting caliber O lineman.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah............ thats the reason our OL sucks. :beerbang:

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

It goes back to what I've been saying since day one, a team is only as good as its defensive and offensive line. Ours is one of the worst in the league which is why our record is one of the worst in the league!!

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The FO totally blew it this offseason. I don't know whether the coaches told them that we were fine or not, but the job of the FO is to be objective about what areas need improvement and if they couldn't see that the interior OL was an issue then they should be fired.

I still think the Kendell Wright pick was a luxury pick when we really weren't in the position to do it. We had Hawkins, Williams, and Mariani on the roster already. Young WRs who were ready for more playing time.

That pick had to be interior OL or defense.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Konz is trash, wasn't worth drafting. I'm happy we went with Wright and Brown. Those 2 are way better than Konz, waaay way better.

Konz is a weakling, he can't bench more than even Creeping-Cruds have you seen Konz this year?

But O-Line MUST be the No.1 focus this offseason, otherwise we'll suck again next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar