After winning the big Game, will Titans let off?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Im a little worried going into this game.

1. We won the big Divisonal game on Monday ,moves us up 4 games. That alone Relaxed our Team.

2. Short Week and Greenbay has had a lot of rest.

3. Packers seen how the Colts were able the slow the Run game.

4. Packers secondary is better than the Colts.

5. Rodgers is playing better football than Manning, and he finds the WR's a lot faster, giving our D less time to get pressure.

6. When does being undeafted start to take it's toll on the Team? Each win brings more pressure to keep winning.

7. How long will our offense and Collins stay on the same page, if one gives up the other will give up to. Im worried our WR's will get lazy and make Collins mad and then Collins wont care if we win or lose.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i don't think we'll "let off" but i think there's a good chance we lose if we can't rush the passer without blizting.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Gonna be hard to rush Rodgers, he gets rid of the ball pretty fast, and playing us im sure it's gonna be faster.

i could see them chipping away on us 10-15 yards at a time. kinda like we did the Colts. I just hope we can Run on them and keep them off the field.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

That's not necessarily true. Do I think the guys were relieved after the win? For sure. But like you state later in this post, when you're undefeated you feel pressure to stay that way and eventhough we beat up on a divisional rival on Monday Night the team will still need to step up for this fact of being 7-0. Besides to think Coach Fisher and surrounding cast will "let the team relax" is not reality IMO. Every week is a work week and they approach every game with everything they got.

If Green Bay comes out on fire it is because they had plenty of rest, however, if they come out and lay an egg it's that they got a little rust from lack of play and a consistent groove. Rest vs. rust. And the Titans finished a big game and then got back to work immediately without missing a beat.

Well the Colts were effective against the run all right. But at what cost? Once Tennessee was able to adjust to the four and four formation that the Colts were playing we were able to move the ball pretty effectively through the air. I under stand G.B has a pretty mean @## secondary when it comes to coverage so IMO this will be where the game comes down to. Will they commit to the run all out like Indy and will we be able to get it done with Collins. If they don't sell out with the run we will probably be pretty effective on the ground.

Yes I agree. Especially without Sanders.

Our secondary pretty much locked down Harrison and Wayne on Monday. With KVB hopefully playing we should get some more pressure in the backfield. I don't think it will be a cakewalk against this offense by any means. But to think Rodgers will step in here and light us up is also not necessarily true. If we can keep good coverage and force Rodgers to hold onto it for an extended amount oftime we can get there. Our front four is the best in the league.

Take it's toll on a team? Why would that hurt? Being undefeated would give anyone a sense of pride that they wouldn't give up easily. Any team can lose any game but being undefeated couldn't be harmful. I have faith in Coach Fisher to keep the team grounded which seems to be one of his strengths (never met the guy just MO from observations

This isn't highschool. These guys are paid athletes and this is a vet you're talking about here. Maybe our offense comes out and looks sloppy. In that case it will be just another game where we would have to lean on our defense again.

But on the other hand we can come out firing on all cylinders with both our offense and defense and just smash the Packers 35-0!!!!:wink2::gag:

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Lets not forget that green bays offensive line is mediocre at best. We'll bring the pressure. THE BIGGEST thing to rememeber is that the game is AT HOME. We have the crowd on our side, as always. We will come to play, and the Titans won't dissapoint.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

high five to a fightin' titan....a huge high five

7. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

NOOOOOOO! They are PROS and will work their bums off to vanquish the unfortunate Meat Packers!

Sure they have a descent secondary (6th) but they are weaklings on stopping the ground game (25th). Thus, they play right into our hands. A few well placed passes will keep us rushing down the field on the fleet feet of Smash & Dash.

Additionally, the teams that sacked Rodgers (DAL 5, BAL 3, ATL 2) won. So we need to work on a good combo of coverage and blitz. KVB will be very helpful in this area. The GB bye week "wasn't a miracle cure for his (Rodgers) sprained right shoulder" said the AP release. So this may help us. A little pummeling of Mr. Rodgers might keep him pretty quiet. "It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood..." he sings as he is helped to the sideline.

They have several players who are just coming off injuries, this could limit their abilities.

64% of 24,000 GB fans believe the Packers will win the game. http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2008/10/29/2/ Dream on!

The Magnificent Nostradamus, KingTitan's soothsayer has "unpacked" 53 of the Green Bay boys and reading their entrails has determined a TITAN victory:
    TITANS 30 Packers 10

Attached Files:

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

There are few football moments that I have enjoyed more than Monday Night in Lambeau field, handing the fudgePackers the worst butt-whoopin' in their history on their home turf.

The cameras spent a LOT of time zoomed in on Farve's painstricken, dejected face.

Toll?? Pressure?? WTF??

Seriously... WTF??

Do you think the other teams have all been begging their coaches to let them lose one because they don't envy our position??

You mean, we've all wanted to be a winning team... and we've had it wrong the whole time??

Now I finally understand what KFC was saying on ESPN radio yesterday: "well, frankly, the team's sick of winning.... Fisher says the starting position is mine as long as we're winning, but I don't think I'm up for having my career resurrected... I just couldn't deal with that, and besides, I'm rich as all getout, so it's not about the money. I'm planning on retiring next Wednesday."

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Our run game was too easily stopped last week, even with the Colts piling into the box the way they did. We have to be able to run the ball this week and I predict there may be times where it appears Fisher will be stubborn about it...so I am preparing myself for that.

We won't get into a shooting match with KC vs Rodgers, cannot win that one.

So, a couple of times with Big Al rolling on Rodgers and that shoulder should slow him down a bit.

I say just pound them over and over and then lull them into a quick shot here and there and we may just pull this one out.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it'll be a slobber-knocker.

:spud:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar