Agent Hints Brown May Leave Camp if No Extension Talk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

In the business world, this would be referred to as SUICIDE.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

It's not a smart way to get a deal by threatening to play hardball with Reese, because Reese can play some hardball with the best.

Brown has zero leverage here. Time to shut up and show what your worth, then talk.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree with Soxcat, I don't have a problem with the agent asking for a trade or an offer, and trying to find another team to ask for a trade, but if they take the step to pull him from practice, it's insane. Sitting out is over the line, hurts the team and the player, and won't do anything but help Henry and White.

4. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Easy Gunny ... my youngest boy is names Wynn. He's only three, and already went toe-to-toe with a five year old on the playground.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Fighting at 3? Isn't that a little early? Shouldn't he be working on the alphabet or something?

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

It's one of those things, where, I know where's he coming from, but like was said, their is only one team who wants him right now. The market is dry. And the agent needs to understand they have no leverage. Much like Volek. Sometimes you just have to live with the opportunity you have, even if it sucks. Sometimes the mouse falls into a vat of milk. It can either drown or make butter.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Well, he sounds like he was dotting some "i"s.

[​IMG]

8. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

Browns agents are just a distraction, they arent doing it properly, sure if you look on Brown's side its looking out for his future... but why do it by having your agent be a distraction?

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I seriously don't get why people are on Brown's back because of this. Take a look around the league, it happens everywhere. Up in NE Branch is holding out because the Patriots won't give him a new contract. All Brown is asking for is for negotiations to start or at the least be told if the Titans plan on keeping him around after this year or if he should start looking for other teams.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

branch has the levergae necessary to hold out. he is their only experienced wr worth a damn and is tom brady's number one target.

chris brown hasnt even cracked 1100 yards and in my mind has proven he is not durable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar