Agent Hints Brown May Leave Camp if No Extension Talk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

2. smili

smili Starter

From a negotiations standpoint, a contract with incentives can be structured for a player who is constantly injured. Brown's contract probably needs more of that incentive than perhaps others.

I fully understand Brown wanting his deal redone now. I think what we all dislike is that it's being done in the press, because that can split up a team.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

if he could move the pile on 3rd and one he would have never seen a "final" year in his contract.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Hey, that's a crazy idea! Actually paying someone their current market value instead of their potential market value from 12 months ago. Hmmm. That just might work!

5. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Hahaha...13 years ago when I was 3 I was playing with Lincoln Logs and Ninja Turtles.....
    If he keeps on ruffin'up kids on the playground your going to have to change his name to Walker so he can replace Blazingarrows avatar;)

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

As I've said repeatedly, Brown's only problem is staying healthy. Our offensive line is to blame for short yardage situations, considering NONE of our running backs could consistently convert short yardage situations.

I find it funny that people are longing for a runningback who couldn't even break 3.5 avg the last 3 years he was here, and only reached the 1000 yard mark because he got 100 more carries than Brown every year.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

So because a drug addict Henry and a handful of guys who should be applying to hamburger university can't convert 3rd and short that means CB would be good at 3rd and short if the line was better??? I find if funny that some people go out of their way to make excuses for quitters like CB, PS and DN - I toss CB onto that pile based on his apparent refusal to play hard till he gets an extension, that is he has stated he can't risk injury that could jeprodize his career, despite being under contract to do just that.

at least EG kept drives alive by GETTING THE NECESSARY YARDAGE for a first down. CB is as likley to rip 20 as loose 3, but he is definatly unlikley to break a tackle to get the first down, he has proven this for years now.

Oh I would love a RB that got 3.5 yards every carry. Its a TD every possession.

EG was effective his entire time in Tennessee, unfourtunatly he lacked explosive plays the last year or so. Despite than he was more effective at 3.5 ypc that CB has been with his amazing 4.3 ypc

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Eddie had like one 100 yard game in three years heading into 2004.
    Brown cracked the 100 yard mark that year 6 times and had another game with 91 yards despite the fact he missed time with injuries. Thats 6 games over 100 in 11 games played (almost 7 with the 91 yarder).

The main reason we didn't have a 100 yard game last year was our OL was not good and the RBs didn't get the carries. It is easy to crack 100 yards if you get 30+ carries a game. Against Cincy in 2004 when Brown did get 32 carries he had 147 yards on the day. He also ran for over 100 yards against the Colts twice, one against the Jags once (he didn't play the second game).
    Heck LaDainian Tomlinson only has a 4.3 life time YPC average. When you gat 339 carries a season it is easy to put up 100 yard games and 1300-1400 yards. Nobody is saying Brown should get Tomlinson money either.

Like I have said before, Brown didn't go from a 4.9 YPC guy who had 6 100 yard games to a 3.8 YPC with no 100 yard games because he had a drop in his ability. The OL was the problem.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well, a former pro bowler and an NFLE standout, you'd think they could be at least a little productive. Just look at the kind of RB's they use in Denver.

Do you have any stats on that? I'd almost wager that Wycheck, Mason and McNair was equally important in getting the yardage for first, especially in critical 3rd down situations.

Don't kid yourself. EG didn't get 3.5 every carry. Considering even EG had at least a few +5 runs every year, there's bound to have been a good deal of 0-2 yard runs (I will give you that EG rarely lost yardage, though).

A runningback is always limited by the skill of his offensive line. Is EG a better back than Brown, yes. Did EG play for a better Titans team, and more importantly behind a better offensive line, hell yes.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Keep in mind that Brown came on the scene right at the time the team was going downhill because of the CAP. Our defense has been terrible the last couple of years and the OL was terrible last year. Those things are what hurt the team and the running game more than losing Eddie. Believe me if Eddie were back we would have a bunch of people whining about how ineffective he is. Heck last year I doubt even the 2002 version of Eddie could break 3.0 YPC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar