Agree w/ This Article?? Who doesn't?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Aug 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd like it to happen, but it wont.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Not as long as the PA has their say in the matter.

4. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Why would the PA have something to say?

And I agree 1000% as well, and I have for at least a few years.

I thought it was a travesty to have Vernon Davis sign his rookie contract and be the highest paid TE in the league.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah, I said it a few months back in another thread, a rookie pay scale would be great. You've got rookies who have never played a down in this league getting paid way more than guys who have proven that they can play in the NFL for years.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'd like it to happen.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Why wouldn't the Players Association want proven players to get paid more in place of unproven rookies? It benefits the players, in the long run. The players who can play and stay.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I've had this thought ever since I heard the NBA does it this way and I really cannot see how anyone could be against it.

It just makes perfect sense. Don't overpay for unproven players, be rid of holdouts.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

While I overall agree that the NBA's system is much better than the NFL's, one must also take into account how that changes a team's drafting strategy. With less risk involved in a pick, teams are more likely to take chances on guys with character concerns early, which happens to be a major sticking point for a dear commissioner.

10. stillmatic23

stillmatic23 Guest

Haha i actually talked to my cousin and uncle about this. I said they should have a pay scale and a million should be what every first rounder gets and if they produce the first year they can hold out the second year for more, or the team can pay more. There have been alot of busts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar