Ahmed Plummer visited yesterday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Who do you really think was the SF contact? :brow:

As for Plummer, I doubt he'd get past Woolfolk, Hill and Pacman anyway, he is a walking injury, just what we need.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

so was KVB.....

im not putting down the current CB's but hey what can it hurt ya know....

3. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Wishful thinking but:

1) Plummer + McNair - Volek or

2) Law - McNair + Volek

I like option #1 better. Plummer has to be at least as good as Waddell...I realize that is not saying a whole hell of a lot. Law wan't $10 million, while Plummer would probably take the minimum like KVB did. Without Steve, we're picking in the Top 10 again (probably Top 5).

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Trying to compare Plummer to Law is like comparing white bread to a wedding cake. The guy is decent depth at best. I doubt he is any better than Hill.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

oi!

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

What would you say Samuel L. Jackson - looking Chris McAlister might be worth? Wasn't there some talk he might shake loose from Baltimore, like when they have to make room should they be lucky enough to sign McNair?

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

McCormick was on the Zone this afternoon and said Plummer missed most of 2004 with a neck injury and most of 2005 with an ankle injury. Played in just 9 games in 2 years.

8. thats definately not a good sign, but things can turn around

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would sign Plummer for cheap if we could. We aren't going to make a playoff push this yr so I'd just assume have Pac and Hill continue to get experience, but we have to have more depth on the outside and at least Plummer would give us that.

Another factor is the whole Mac/Ravens situation. The Ravens have to think that we would love to free up Mac's cap space to sign Law. By signing Plummer it would show the Ravens that we don't need the cap space and can hold onto Mac until mid July. This might force them to give in to our demands.

10. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

DB Plummer Visits Titans

SUMMARY: Former Niners CB Ahmed Plummer visited with the Titans yesterday. The former 2000 first-round pick has had a number of injuries throughout his career and has played in only nine of the last 32 games leading to his release in February. The 6-0, 191 lb corner plays with a physical style and had his best season in '01 with seven interceptions.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar