AIM trouble

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fry, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

my AIM was working just fune one day, and the next it stopped working. everytime i try to sign on it says there was a sever error. i checked my firewall and it's allowed to access the internet.

i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it, same result. i have the updated version, still no luck.

i have no clue what's wrong with it.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

What does the error say exactly? If it's a fairly common error you can usually type the exact error in quotes in a google search and find your answer.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I got a new computer and installed the new version, and it sucks. Sometimes it makes the IM noise when I haven't gotten an IM. I'm basically constantly worried that someone is trying to get in touch with me but I don't know who.

4. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If it's quirky, y'all might consider changing to Windows Live Messenger. It's free and works well.

5. Fry

"a server error occurred."

that's literally all it says.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

same thing happened to me. i was using the newer version which i diddnt really like in the first place so i went back to the old version and its worked ever sence. if u still have problems with it then download Gaim. its the same thing as AIM u can sign in with ur aim screen name. or u can try Trillian.

7. Fry

wow, im amazed that going back to an older version worked. thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar