AJ Green likely suspended? (update: nope)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not so sure anymore

2. titans12321

titans12321 Starter

Umm Ramsey instigated it.

3. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Is that a rule? I've never heard of it. A shove at the backend of a play is a penalty at best, not ejectible.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

And? Different sport. Different league. lol

5. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

I agree, but it's hard to blame the ref. What he saw was Ramsey knock Green down, then Green attack Ramsey. I probably would have just ejected both of them too.

After taking time to review it though, Ramsey committed a personal foul at best. Green's reaction was over the top and warrants a suspension. AJ completely lost his cool, which is surprising.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. iQon

iQon Starter

I'd say a suspension is highly doubtful, unless it came down from within the organization. Fights are typically just fines.

When I think of suspensions for on-field stuff, it's typically something egregious like Fat Al or Suh stomping on downed players.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

According to the refs they had been warned several times.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/sport...l-between-jalen-ramsey-and-aj-green/489317171

8. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

It's still not a foul that carries an ejection. Pushing a guy during a run play would a an iffy personal foul, at best. You can't just make up rules as the game goes along, because you're going to create very ugly situations in the future, if you do.

They nearly created one in this game. Ramsey had to be removed from the tunnel as he tried to force his way into the Bengals locker room to beat the crap out of Green.

When you tell a guy not to fight back and let the refs handle it, then the refs eject you for doing what the rules ask you to do, the players mindset going forward will be "if I don't fight back, I will be ejected anyways ... might as well get my punches in" ... there's no reason not to. Now, he just looks weak and like he was afraid to fight.

The NFL needs to handle it by apologizing and making clear the Ramsey shouldn't have been ejected. Let the refs know in a public way that they were wrong for handling that way and it shouldn't be handled that way in the future. Otherwise, why wouldn't guys fight back and create very ugly situations on the field during the next scuffle?

I wouldn't have a problem if they created an "instigation" rule during the next competition meeting in the off-season, wouldn't be a bad rule to look at ... but can't just make up rules in the middle of the game and hold players responsible for following them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This isn't high school anymore.

There are rules. You don't break them. Simple as that. Being a "real man" has nothing to do with fighting on the field.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Its a judgment call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar