Akeem Ayers fined by NFL for hit on Luck

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans linebacker Akeem Ayers has been fined by the NFL for his hit on Colts quarterback Andrew Luck in Thursday’s game.

Ayers said he was fined roughly $7,500 by the league for unnecessary roughness. He was flagged on the play, which resulted in a first down for the Colts.

Earlier this season, Ayers was fined $17,500 for a low hit on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. He has appealed both fines.

Ayers said Luck stumbled when making the handoff on the play in question, so it was hard to tell if he had the ball when he hit him.

“It looks a lot different when you are running full speed,’’ Ayers said. “I didn’t think it was that bad a hit, and I tried to pull up, but it was a little too late. The most I can do is appeal, and see how it goes.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Sh*t is outta control. He was stupid for hitting him, but fine him too? Come the **** on.

Goodell, eat my d*ck.

3. RavensShallBurn

He has the power to stop it. And it is his fault they are happening at an alarming rate.

So no... I won't stop. He's the man in charge of the NFL.

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Suit yourself, its just stupid.

Where is your post bitching about all the ex NFL players lawsuit? Thats what we really need every time someone is fined.

5. RavensShallBurn

I have bitched about that as much if not more than I have bitched at Goodell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

ex NFL player lawsuits are drastically different, these players were led to believe, lied to, about long term mental health after big hits. IMO, players today, do not get the out of not knowing about the seriousness of concussions.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Exactly, and now they must do everything they can to eliminate it.

Since that lawsuit was settled.. within 15 years... if a QB has concussion symptoms.. there will be other lawsuits.

"They didnt do enough to protect me, even when they knew concussions were a problem" At least with handing out fines, they have a "see we tried to stop it and the players knew the risk" fallback to prevent future lawsuits.

This fine was just stupid though. I have defended most fines, but I really do not agree with this one in any way.

8. RavensShallBurn

I've always considered it common sense that getting multiple concussions and taking hits to the head every week will come with long-term results.

This is almost as dumb as when people didn't know smoking was bad for you. Actually it's dumber.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar