Akeem Ayers moving to DE

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I wish people would stop saying that Ayers will be sliding to DE on some downs. Grey didn't say that! He said that he would be used as a pass rusher, IMO meaning blitzing from the linebacker spot like Brian Cushing or Clay Matthews (even though they often run the 3-4)

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You have to go further back in time to think he WILL put his hand down like a DE.

And if Zach Brown plays OLB on 3rd downs, how will Ayers? I know there are 2 OLB's, but Brown would come in to take Ayers spot on 3rd downs, and the coaches want to KEEP him on the field.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Ayers McCarthy Brown

You can put Brown over the TE and have Ayers blitzing along with

Wimbley Casey Klug Morgan

to get additional pressure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

I'm under the impression that Brow would take Witherspoon's spot. Wouldn't he come in at the ROLB spot? Or no?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

They don't play the same LB position buddy. Ayers (a bigger LB) is a SOLB. We drafted Brown to (eventually) replace Spoon at WOLB. Ayers is 3 inches taller (6'4" vs 6'1") then Brown and 15lbs heavier (255lbs vs 240lbs).

If Brown doesn't start this year, when he subs in he is subbing with Spoon. There aren't ANY articles where Gray says he is going to play Akeem at DE. He says he will utilize his pass rushing skills (I'm thinking similar to how Suggs was used earlier in his career.). JC if you have an article where Gray specifically says that Akeem will put his hand on the ground please post it.

(Sidenote: JC you give out way too many "It Sucks")

6. JCBRAVE

I give out very few it-sucks, should actually give out more. Watch Akeem play DE. I promise you he will. Just watch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

7. JCBRAVE

Make sure you guys bookmark this thread. Cant wait to prove some of you wrong.

BTW i dont wait for coaches to come out and tell us what theyre going to do. I know football well enough to know Ayers should be in a 3point stance

This thread wasnt created yesterday. Theres lots of evidence that suggests Ayers will do what i an claiming. If you missed some things along the way, too bad for u

Im also on a phone which makes it hard to get you links

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't think that's a very long limb you're climbing out on. Ayers played some DE last year and they obviously want him going after the QB.

9. JCBRAVE

Its not a long limb at all. Idk y ppl dont appreciate me telling them how it's going to go. you would think they would like to know that this is coming but they just wanna fight it.

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Are you saying that Ayers will replace Wimbley or Morgan in different packages? I doubt that. If he rushes he will be standing up. They won't have him in a 3 point stance. They will have 4 down and Ayers showing blitz on the outside. That way he has the option of rushing or dropping back. If you have him down, that's one less pass rusher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar