Akeem Ayers...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I've heard coaches say all the time that they tell players to get away from the game sometimes. Guess fans don't see it that way. WE have no idea how any of these guys rehab, workout or whatever they're required to do. It's hilarious that fans hold these guys to standards that are unheard of. I wonder if any of you have that level of dedication on your careers that you hold these guys to

2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He went with a group of NFL players with an NFL charity. ...and they only spent a week there.

Criticism of that is ridiculous.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

were they rehabbing?

NO! They were prancing about Africa and I will critizie the lack of professionalism. I really dont care that he choose Africa over the Titans, my problem is he did not put the Titans first.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Larry Fitzgerald was there and he has had a down year, too! ZOMG!

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Didn't CJ have 2000 yards the year he didn't attend OTAs?

And McNair was better when he didn't practice.

Maybe it was just a Fisher thing.

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Yo GoT, ma man, how u been? Africa here to defend my ish...

Hhaha, jk, usually im with you but not this time.

In all seriousness though, im not arguing here for africa or nothing, but you can rehab anywhere - n im with JC on that. if he brought a personal trainer with him (if someone knows) than you can easily do your exercises during the day.

also, it wasnt for like an extended period either, wasnt it just a week or something. Prancing, c'mon man, hiking (believed to be the main activity there, along with playing sports with kids, good movement nothing to aggressive) is a great way to build up the support (muscle) for your leg.

I busted my knee twice, once partial tear another more serious, so i am very aware of the situation. the dr always told me every hour work out with the 10/20 or so exercises he gave me that week, until it was strong enough for lifting and the next step.

i was sitting and bumin out at home, n it was hard to make time even though i had s*** all to do. too many distractions - alone in the wilderness might actually b a good place to go and do your thing.

Another point, with all the knuckleheads coming into the pro sport now, a cultured guy, who appreciates doing a good thing is an asset to have. ima hold out on him for another year (excusing a post sunday rant or two) to give him another shot. At least you know he won't b the guy creating problems in the locker room.

There are several questions i have though, as my memory can't recall:
    1 - what stage of rehab was he at?
    2 - how long was this trip?
    3 - were there personal trainers? (i believe that this was an NFL done thing, so i'd imagine they would accommodate injured players, maybe?)

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nothing wrong with him going to Africa. Actually, it's not as if some light walking and what-not would do much else but help someone rehabbing a knee.

And we'd better sign Finnegan. The guys is probably 50% of Titan fan's favorite player.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I haven't seen RollTide around in a few days so GoT is picking up his slack.

Morgan got to hang with some of the NFL's best, how is that a bad thing? Gerald McCoy, and Tommie Harris went too, I wish I could pick those guys brains. They know how to get to the QB as well as anyone.

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

If Finny isn't signed to a long term deal, I predict I become a pretty jaded fan.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

apparently Morgan forget too pick their brains.

And he should be a pro and put the Titans interest ahead of his personal interests.

And too my Egyptian buddy - good post. It would not have changed my mind one bit if Morgan went to Dollywood for a week. And if he did not make an issue of it, wanting praise or something, then I would have never known of it. I grant yall his behavior has been a symbol too me about wanting players who want to be Titans. So when I mention Morgan / Africa understand I am silently mentioning VY and his sudden importance of college & CJ and his offseasons in Orlando & all they other guys who seem to have way better things too do than make themselves the best Titans they can be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar