Akeem Ayers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

we need colin back pronto.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

We seemed to cover the TE position better today. I haven't watched the whole game yet, but I'm wondering if Ayers and Brown on the outside isn't the solution.

3. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Tight ends just dropped the ball they were not covered. Ayers blitzed once and got a sack that is what he does well so we let him do it once!

4. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Linebacker Akeem Ayers led the Titans with 16 tackles and sacked Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford at a crucial moment in the fourth quarter.

Yet the second-year pro also was flagged for roughing the passer late in the game, negating Alterruan Verner’s interception in the end zone. The Lions made the Titans pay by scoring a quick touchdown.

It was also Ayers who batted the ball to Lions wideout Titus Young on the Hail Mary TD to end regulation.

“I don’t want to put too much on myself, at the end of the day it is a team game,” he said. “I don’t believe personally one person can lose a game that takes 22 people to win. I am just happy we came out with a win.”

Source: Titans Insider

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Take responsibility, Akeem. It was stupid.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

On the batted ball: there's a few guys going that route, saying they could have played better. I don't know if we need another one doing it, we need to stay confident. he acknowledged it and wasnt happy about it, he gets a pass from me.

I think it's more important to let him enjoy the win, taste the success, smell the blood and want more than it is to hold him accountable right now. He is a young player whos impressionable. he needs to know how great it feels to come out of a game like that on top. he went to UCLA after all, they don't play too many big games

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Read DW's quote on botching the onside kick. That kind of accountability needs to become common with every player on the roster.

Last week, it was CJ not accepting blame. For some reason, I didn't think you were okay with that. ;)

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I understand what youre saying, but Akeem needs to feel how a big win feels. Id rather fans allow that to happen than to knock him for his mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar