Al Wilson being cut by Denver - you want leadership and chemistry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fowler and Tulloch will compete for the starting MLB job. But either way, we have our man already.

2. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Fowler and Tulloch, much as i'll be rooting for them next year (b/c we're not gonna make this move anyway) aren't anywhere near Al's caliber. He has always stepped up, and his star power isn't based solely on potential (a la Arrington) but the desire to be in on every play and his production and intensity.

Like I said, it ain't gonna happen b/c of the injury question or something else, but if he goes somewhere else and solidifies a defense, we will have missed an opportunity to make a team-defining upgrade [with those three] (and we surely have a few extra dollars after this offseason--why not take a chance on Al Wilson being what he was right up until he got hurt last year instead of two guys drafted in later rounds becoming Al Wilsons?)

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

How much will it cost to but fowler?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We won't cut him now with the contract we signed him too.

5. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

All the news stations here in colorado have mentioned the neck injury, but the real reason the Broncos cut him is $$$. MR, just swallow your bottom lip and sign al wilson.

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea bulluck, wilson, thorton, thats unbeleiveable, especially for our titans, but if we do decide to make an attempt for him, we need to give him an offer he cant resist, and lock him up for a long time.

7. CHope81

CHope81 Guest

Riverdale High School? I goto riverdale in murfreesboro. What is the coach's name??

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I really think Tulloch can develop into a very good LB if we give him the opportunity, I don't think this signing would be necessary

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

What product? You got the wrong side of the ball... Was Jerry Rice a product of the Niners' system? Anyways, only reason they let Wilson go is John Mobley's coming back this year and his salary was "inadequate"... Titans should jump on this guy ASAP so he doesn't end up on some crappy team like the Bills just cuz they gave him more $$$... Reinfeldt should concentrate on Wilson more than Turner IMO...

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Wrong answer... :)

Tulloch is not ready. He makes too many mistakes. He makes solid plays, but he's not ready to start, and the Titans don't have the luxury of waiting for a player to develop right now. If we get Wilson, he plays 2-3 years, Tulloch will be ready by then. If Tulloch splits, we'll find another body along the way...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar