Al Wilson being cut by Denver - you want leadership and chemistry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgood

dgood Guest

Agreed, Tulloch is not ready. I personally dont think Sirmon ever was the type of player ready to start either, yet we threw him in. We seem to make that mistake too often. Grabbing Wilson will make our LB core the top in the league in my opinion. Without Wilson, we're just mid-range b/c Tulloch and Fowler arent ready.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

No, he meant Wilson was cut because of the depth they have at linebacker.

I like Wilson, and he would definitely help the team. But I also like Tulloch. You can't sit a guy for three or four years if he's got the potential to start and play well. The best way for a player to develop is by playing. The only game he started last year he had 12 tackles. I look forward seeing him start full-time, hopefully in the near future.

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Bulluck, Thornton...

Sorry, can't get the next one...

Fowler? Special teamer. Not a starter because that clown Fisher said he was
    Tulloch? Too raw still
    Rob Reynolds? Uh no
    Terna Nande? ST
    Ken Amato? LOL

Help me out here please...

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

My bad

You don't win ballgames with guys who have potential if you have the opportunity to sign a stud at a position. You won't make it far with that train of thought... If you saw Tulloch last year, he showed flashes, but he also made plays where he looked like Frank Chamberlin. Gotta get local Al on the team...

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I understand SK, but it doesn't mean they are starter material. Maybe in 2-3 years, not in 2007

6. Looking at what Fowler got paid, he's the starter...

7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

my question on Wilson is can he play the SAM position. For that matter do we think that Fowler or Tulloch could. I just don't like our backup depth outside. If Bulluck goes down then I see Thorton sliding over to WILL, but who backs up Thorton.

If Wilson could play both inside and SAM if needed it would greatly improve our depth. I think he will want more $$$ than we are willing to offer.

It would allow Tulloch and Fowler to both really concentrate on STs.

But I really think it is best to just let the young guys fight it out for the starting spot.

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

That theory sure held for Adam Archuleta

9. And Archuletta was the starter to begin the season...

Long story short, the Titans aren't going to sign Wilson unless he is coming here cheap to be a backup. And that seems highly unlikely.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

As good as Wilson's play can be, you don't bring him in here just because of his play.

You bring him here because he has "vince" like leadership abilities, and that would help the defense the most.

Titans finally have cap space, this is one guy that shouldn't be passed up. Sorry Fowler, just jumped the gun when signed you to bring some false competition at Tulloch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar