Al Wilson being cut by Denver - you want leadership and chemistry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by eberry, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They have veteran leadership from both Bulluck and Thronton already at LB, not to mention KVB and Hope.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Bulluck is a great player. But I don't think he's much of a leader. KVB, Thornton, Hope I really don't know much about their leadership. It could be good, but it's certainly not vince-like good.

I do KNOW 100% that Al Wilson may be one of the best leaders to play the game in the history of the NFL. He's an incredible spokesman and locker room leader. He was captain of the Broncos for the last 6 years for a good reason. In my opinion, there is 0% chance the Vols would have won a national title without him leading the team.

Yes, I'm a homer. My admiration for Al may blind me. I still think he's worth every long-term dollar you throw at him, deal with Fowler and Tulloch however it needs to be dealt with.

I really believe whatever leadership KVB, Thornton, and Hope bring to the Titans... Wilson increases team morale 10-fold what those guys do.

3. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

I agree. As soon as I heard whispers about the possibility of Wilson being released I hoped the Titans would sign him. I don't care how much we are paying Fowler...Al Wilson can come in and improve this defense instantly. If we could land him then we would have a very solid linebacking crew. Come on Reinfeldt...go after him!

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Bulluck a leader? Sure, maybe for his actions on the field, but a "leader" never lets his guard down, as he did a few years ago when he said the losing was becoming very frustrating... A "leader" never says that... Don't know about Thornton being a "leader" either...

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

the real reason he was cut was the reason most players are cut...attached to some excuse....

he was lined up for a base of i think 5 milion...and they added a lot of good players and wanted to free up some money and they have good LB depth...5 millin is a lot 2..

i think we should sign him..i really do an giv tulloch 2-3 mor yrs...thats would be gr8..but it wont happen

6. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Ryan Fowler is the reason for not trying to get a star ILB?? Come on. Al has been one of the best inside linebackers in the NFL for years. Take a chance. Plus, he's a strongly team-oriented guy. Bulluck and Hope don't know Fowler from Adam, but I think they'd respect Al and Al would respect them from day one.

7. Look, you guys can talk about it all you want, but the Titans aren't signing him...

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that is the harsh reality of it. we dont sign anyone who wants more than a 6-piece mcnugget meal, unless of course you're a back up linebacker.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

mmmm mcnuggets...:drool:

10. Did you know McNuggets are over 50% corn? Just a fun bit of trivia...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar