Alan Faneca

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The Jets have released him. We must pursue him.

One of the better guards in the league. He's aging, but he's 33. He's got a few more years left.

2. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Why? We have decent core, makes no sense to spend the $ when we can bring Kevin back and let a prospect develop. Unless it's on the cheap, don't see the front office spending money on an aging lineman. Goes against the going younger trend the FO has been on of late.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He's not a center, and the Titans already have one of the best offensive lines in the league.

4. RavensShallBurn

I don't think there's any chance Mawae comes back. That's why this needs to happen.

My bad about the center mix up.

I still think he'd be worth it as long as he's not too expensive. He would bump Amano to the bench... which would probably be a good thing.

5. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

All signs point to him returning from what I've seen. And with Kevin, Harris and Amano on the roster, don't see the need for an expensive vet new to the system coming in. They draft a prospect and develop imo rather than a pricey vet.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Mawae isn't going anywhere.
    Faneca is good, no doubt.. But the line is solid and we have other needs.
    Somebody else pay$ him...

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

Um... OP

Faneca's a guard

8. RavensShallBurn

I know... I said "my bad about the center mixup."

Not sure where I got that from.

Like I said though, I think we should still take him, moving Amano to second string.

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

My bad, I missed that post while scrolling through

I figured honestly you might have been thinking partially of how we got Mawae, whom we also got after he was on the Jets, and that's where the center part came from

10. RavensShallBurn

Yea I thought Faneca was a center for some reason... He's a very solid o-lineman.

I'd love to have him, as long as it's not for huge amounts of money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar