Alan Lowry..... Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fonzerrillii23, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

So two seasons in, and Munch still has to do this much "studying" and "evaluating" to know who's worth keeping or not? I'm not so sure that's a point in his favor.

No we don't know that. And that's highly doubtful. You honestly believe Munch has to run every little move by Bud? I haven't seen or read anything that indicates that is the case.

Starts sucking? :biglaugh:

Maybe you just lost me. But I'm not exactly sure what your point is here. That may very well be very true. But I'd say the majority of us here watch every second of every Titan game. So we've seen plenty enough of our OWN coordinators to know they suck. Especially as it pertains to Gray. Loggains didn't look so hot but he was a midseason replacement and forced to work within someone else's system. Maybe he'll be better next year. Maybe he won't. But I'm sure there are more qualified and experienced options out there.

The reason many of us are so pissed is not the fact that Alan Lowry was let go fired in and of itself. As has been noted by others, I remember a time not very long ago when we all wanted him gone. But it's the big picture of who is being fired and who isn't. In what universe does it make sense to fire/let go our LB and ST coaches and yet keep the guy who was the architect behind the worst defense this organization has ever fielded?

Oh well. The good news is that Munch hitched his wagon to a couple of bums and will most likely be gone after 2013.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

To be fair, it was initially reported as a "firing". I saw it mentioned as such by both PFT and Wyatt's Twitter feed.

The only way I could ever root for another team would be if the Titans moved to another city and we got a different team in here. It would be difficult. And it would definitely be weird. But I think my loyalty is to the city/state first and foremost. I didn't give two chits about the Oilers prior to the move. It could have just as easily been the Bills/Vikings/Rams/etc. and I'd be just as much of a fan right now.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Don't bother arguing with Titans Fluffer, he is half a brain cell above TWW2 or DSP.

4. fonzerrillii23

fonzerrillii23 Starter

Ok...... I'm done... Because I want to HULK out, every time I read someones comment defending this action because we had a field goal blocked or a punt blocked. Look at the stats people and not just this year. Number's don't lie....... Plus let's remember Mark Mariani became a pro bowl returner on his watch, Bironas became a PRO BOWL kicker and is one of the most accurate kickers in the league, Brett Kern was one the scrape heap and he was 7th in the league in punt averages and WE FREAKING WON TWO GAMES because of special team play.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Not sure who DSP is. Saying a lot comparing someone to TWW2 though

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

that guy with Sheldon in his avatar. You aren't missing much.

7. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Ok, so if you disagree with something your moronic head coach does you're no longer a fan? Good to know. Seems slightly hypocritical if you ask me. Someone who wasn't a fan simply wouldn't care.

Let us not forget, Munch kept his job because we beat the Jags week 17, what unit was primarily responsible for that victory? Special Teams. Defense was good and Zach Brown absolutely balled in that game but when you go up against Chad Henne it's hard to look bad.

8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Munch over hear making us look like a freaking clown ride. Lowery prolly had more business being HC than munch.

To me it looks like a really hard turn for the worst. Munches dumb ass making me lose interest in his retarded has firings. We already know special teams wasn't the real problem... But Jerry moreyardsgivinever grey still has a job... Pitiful. Last straw for me and this current munch era. I really have zero hope about this cat now. Munch over here sinking the ship.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That's the best part. Because one could very easily argue that special teams actually saved Munch's job. Take away the Detroit win and we're 5-11. I don't think you can definitively say ST won the Jags game. But if you take those two return TDs off the board it's a 4 point game. So I suppose anything could've happened really. If you wanna take that W away then we're 4-12 and Munch is definitely gone IMO. And even if you don't want to take away that W, a 4 point win isn't nearly as impressive as an 18 point win. So perhaps Bud feels differently without the high that comes along with a very sound victory.

Who knows. It's all speculation but it's something to think about. Regardless, this move makes very little sense to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. bassplyr

bassplyr Starter

Assistant special teams coach is rumored to be the front runner for the job...also was Munch's roommate at Penn State. Seriously. Was coaching high school two years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar