Alan Lowry..... Fired

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fonzerrillii23, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fonzerrillii23

fonzerrillii23 Starter

I completely agree with you... I was not impressed with last season. We struggled running the ball and scoring points. Plus lets be honest, last year was a joke...... Defense last year was suspect league wide.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

As of this morning, 8 teams could not be talked to.

I know this may be irrational thinking but...... id kinda like to steal some of the staff from playoff teams.. not teams sitting at home watching the playoffs.

This is a message board and everyone has the right to come here and emo out and throw fits. However its other peoples right to laugh at them and poke at them

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL... fair point I suppose. But I'd be willing to make a moolah bet right now that we don't end up stealing any coaches away from any of these 8 teams though.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

IDK, like I said I just had a quick peek. But I'm sure if they just had an awful, embarrassing season and kept their GM/HC/OC/DC there'd be a few threatening to turn in their fan card.

Point is, fans overreact. It's just what we do. Nothing wrong with calling the overreacters out though. Alzarius is right about that. People threatening to turn in their fan cards deserve some ribbing. People who are simply pissed at the direction of the franchise do not necessarily (my opinion). Other than blind homerism/optimism, there's no reason to expect things to get significantly better for the Titans in 2013.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I thought MMs plan was too go too the Senior bowl and load up on top notch coaches who had been holding their breath waiting on MM and the Titans too show up and throw $s at them

6. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

because thinking logical means having blind faith a.k.a being a real fan. Yeah the coach already had his chance to build a staff and the fact that almost everybody on it could/needs to be fired doesn't really mean that much. Just trust in the guy who already made terrible decisions just a couple days back to make right ones this time, logic

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I prefer the the we had a coach who was hired during the lockout offseason and had limited time and could not get his first, or even second pick of the OC or DC he wanted but still went 9-7 despite everything that was against them. I mean damn, who would ever think they could possibly BUILD and be better?!?!?!?

P.S. Again, building a staff, is not the same thing as taking what you can get in a crappy situation.

Then during the offseason, everyone wants to hate on Munch for not fixing the oline and not doing anything to improve!!!! Its not like picked up a major need (DE) with the 2nd best option out there, the non 100 million dollar contract guy. We tried to fix the online but Manning was available and bud had a boner.

So we go into this season, lets take a look at our team

QB - injured (even has surgery after the season was over) who was inconsistent behind an

Oline - that ended up playing 2nd, and 3rd stringers, and guys we bring in off the street

WR - who again? Whos important? Wright and his little outs? (yes, he can and will be better), Britt who had one game that he looked halfway normal, Washington who disappeared stretches at a time, .... willliams.... preston.... hawkins

But hey, theres another side of the team... the defense

Dline - 90% of the board, fans, and experts have us picking a top defensive linemen

LBers 2 out of 3 were a bright spot

Secondary - even if Verner and McCourty were all pro, the other 1/2 of the secondary SUCKED (safeties)

However our problem is clearly Munch!!!!!

Im not even a Munch fan, but my reasons for disliking him have nothing to do with a freaking LB and ST coach. I hate to break peoples hearts, but yes. Munch knows MUCH MORE about whats going on in the Titans organization than most of you ever will the rest of your lives. This is his job, not a way to kill time when you want to complain about our sucky team

Now back to my post and the original point.... however you seemed to want to talk about the staff so we just did that.

Original point:

Just so we are clear, you are saying it is not logical to wait until playoff teams release/lose coaches that we could hire and that we should rush out and grab whatever we can right now?

P.S. Its not even offseason yet and we have picked up right where we left off 2 weeks before training camp. :madcow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I'm fine with this firing. We may have had SOME success this year but with the piss poor defensive play it gave our ST more chances to do something, so they better produce. But for years Lowry has been a chump. He has gotten by on outstanding returns by Mariani and the likes. How many years did he have where we had NO touchdown returns? One year with a handful of decent returns doesn't earn him his job. Now lets hope we fill his roll with someone that makes us a consistant ST unit.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'm just upset Gray isn't gone yet, when it comes down to it, it's just the special teams coach. I mean that's not a +3 win improvement right there.

If it was up to me I would just blow this whole team up but I'm sick and tired of always rebuilding.

10. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Fire Lowry? The one servicable coach on this entire damn team? This franchise continues to prove they are clueless and have no direction what-so-ever. Blaw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar