Albert Haynesworth..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by thnom, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

I seen this on ESPN by the brilliant KC Joyner:

Albert Haynesworth, DT, Titans: Haynesworth may have been the most disruptive defensive lineman in the league outside of Williams and Clancy. Haynesworth defeated a ridiculous 43 percent of his point of attack blocks, which was the highest percentage in that category among defensive tackles. His specialty was exploding into the backfield, something clearly shown by the 13 penetration plays he made, which were tied for second in that category. One other incredibly surprising metric for Haynesworth is that he also had 19 pursuit plays, which is something one would not expect from a man of his size.

from here: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insi.../columns/story?columnist=joyner_kc&id=2543087

If Big Al did so well with a pretty ****ty D behind him, how well could he do with the additions of Hope and Thornton?

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm really hoping we see a big improvement in the D. I thought at times last year the D was fine for a while, and then crumbled in the second half when it mattered. Hopefully we'll see a lot of attitude and some great changes.

3. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

IMO I dont think Haynesworth has even reached his maximum potential in a season yet.

4. nendzone

nendzone All Titans, All the Time

Kind of hard when you miss a lot of time with a variety of injuries, including two (different) dislocated elbows in back-to-back seasons.

Except for some problems his rookie year (like the late trip into Fisher's doghouse and 1-game suspension), I haven't had any problem with how Haynesworth has played when he's been healthy.

I keep waiting for him to make it through a season without missing multiple games.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The rap on Haynesworth was that he got by so much on talent alone. He didn't keep himself in peak shape and his technique was lacking. I thought last year was going to be a Pro Bowl season but with the injuries, and the fact the defense was bad overall, it didn't play out that way.

I honestly think this could be the year if he stays healthy. Starks should be improved and demand more attention. KVB is always going to disrupt. And now he has LB talent behind him.

As much as Bulluck may improve with the added talent on defense, I think Haynesworth will have a career year.

6. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

You know, the Titans' pass rush defense was quite good last year. It was the exact opposite after the ball was thrown to a receiver. Remember the second Colts game? I felt that they applied some good pressure to Manning. It actually worked until they started dropping deep to cover deep balls. I actually remember the fans calling in and ripping on Shwartz for backing off on the blitz in the second half on a post-game radio show (the show after Mike Keith and Frank Wycheck call the game). I don't remember which game it was, but I was saying to myself "Why Are They Letting Up?!? The Pass Rush Was Working So Well!!"

Anyways... I can see the Titans being one of the top 5 pass rushing defenses this year. Maybe a top 15 overall D. Keep working hard, guys. I can't wait until Saturday! lol

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They were getting pressure on Manning with the front four. KVB was on a rampage early then they adjusted. I believe Haynesworth was out in that one?

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I thought he played very well last year.....when healthy. Didn't he end up a Pro Bowl alternate? Not that that always tells you something, but I thought it did for him. Some still thought he wasn't that good [​IMG]

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

KVB had two sacks in one game called back, with Albert out. I want to see them stay this year. Sacks change games. Manning has been too smug for too long.

10. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I've been saying this for a couple of months now, but I honestly think AH will be our best defensive player this year. He seems healthy and in good shape. That's all he's ever needed to be dominant. He could easily be the best interior DL in the league and disrupt an offense almost by himself. I'm looking forward to seeing him out there. If Starks is healthy and Odom can rise up to his potential...it could be scary. We know what KVB can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar