Albert Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by idrockfan, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idrockfan

idrockfan Savvy Vet

I'm sure this is a topic that has been pounded into the ground already, but does anybody see any chance that we sign Albert after this year. He is having a huge year and may be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL next year. I am just not confident we will get him back.

2. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I will be suprised if we can manage to keep him, some team will sign him for stupid money. He will be the highest paid defensive player in the league and deserves every penny. I think it will be very uncharacteristic of the titans to keep him.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

We're going to give him a nice offer. But I think Albert is going to want to test the waters no matter what. And on the first day of free agency, some team is going to come out and make him one of the highest paid defensive player ever.

4. idrockfan

idrockfan Savvy Vet

Does anyone know what kind of cap flexibility we will have next year?

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Must keep. Dude is scoring as many fantasy points as linebackers and Defensive Ends. Not only is he producing, you can measure it too, which is rare for a DT. Just pay the money and in two years he will want to renegotiate because of inflation. I never understood not paying. Within a year or two the contract becomes a good one. Very few contracts seem to hamstring an NFL team. So I say pay. We have the best player at his position, he's backing it up, and the team is dominating. He's proven to me he is a franchise player and deserves the money, adsurd money.

6. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

Keeping him is a must. two things that must happen this offseason, WR by draft or by F/A and resign the big boy AH.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

he really must be in two tone blue next season

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Absolutely. Titans usually don't shell out big money but if ever there was a time to it's now. And to be honest, I think AH wants to stick around, he's been a Titan his whole career and now he's the centerpiece of a Titans D thats among the best in the NFL and he's on a team that could be a legit contender for years to come. I see no reason for him to leave or us to let him...pay the man

9. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

5year 56million

10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

I would love to lock him up and I would say for 7 year contract..just to let him know we want him to retire a titan. I am just doubtful that the titans will pull the trigger for a 5 year 55-60 million deal or a 7 year 70-75 million dollar deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar