ALERT! Chris Ivory is no scrub so WATCH out!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

His stats may not jump out at you and impress, but don't underestimate what this guy can do. My biggest fear when facing the Saints this coming Sunday is that we'll sleep on backup RB Chris Ivory. This would be a fatal mistake that may cost us our season.

Titan fans most likely have no idea about Chris Ivory, and why would we, he went to Tiffin University, and we have Chris Johnson, so there was no reason to know this kid.

Like Mike Tolbert, and Mike Turner, Chris Ivory packs a punch. At 6 feet tall, his center of gravity is low, and in past games, those types of RB have KILLED us. Thank God for McCarthy though, he should fair well vs. a back like Ivory. Still though, I'm a little worried, which is why I'm putting everyone on notice as of now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VegZv616Yxw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They have 2 guys in front of him that will probably carve us up, unfortunately.

3. JCBRAVE

Yea I know that, but this thread is so fans aren't blown away when their 3rd RB rips us up for 15 here and there.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Hell, the posters here are probably used to it. lol

The other more casual fans will scratch their heads though.

5. JCBRAVE

Hey Mike Griffin!!!

You've been warned dude.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Tashard Choice is better than Ivory.

7. JCBRAVE

LOL yeaaa, suuuure

8. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido Camp Fodder

There really isn't what you would call a "3rd" RB on the Saints staff. It would be more accurate to call them 1a, 1b, and 1c. Which ever three RB's are active all see fairly equivalent numbers of touches. They each have their particular strengths and Sean Payton changes offensive packages almost every down. You may see Ivory on 1st and ten, Thomas on 2nd and five and Sproles on 3rd and one.

Sproles has the ability play the "I", go in motion, play the slot, line-up wide or off-set. Running the ball he is just as effective between the tackles as he is taking the corner. He'll hit the flat or catch the screen or my may run a fade route.

Thomas has power up the middle and enough speed to make the corner. He may be the best screen pass RB the Saints have, if not one of the best in the league. He has good speed once he reaches the second level.

Ivory is a bruiser in build with a very quick first step off a cut. He has excellent speed if he can clear in inside gap. He'll handle most short yardage situations depending upon what Payton has in mind.

All three have enough versatility that Payton can leave any of them on the field in a no huddle situation and still be able to call a wide variety of offense sets.

All three are also very good in pass protection.

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I predict a huge game for us at LB. Titans win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

I'm just going to get drunk for this one.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar