All Pro Football 2K8 -- HYPE TIME!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by OILERTATTOO, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debris44

Debris44 Camp Fodder

I had high hopes early on, thinking this would be the fully customizable game I've dreamed about for years. Now it just sounds like a crappy legends game with no create-a-anything and pretty graphics & animation.

2. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

[​IMG]

Game is rumored to release the day before EA's NCAA is released.

There should be media of the game soon.

Hearing nothing but great things about it, but we will know for sure soon enough.

Later

3. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

Latest reports are that EVERYTHING will be customizable. I guess we will know for sure in 1.5 months.

Later

4. that looks really cool, and i would like the opportunity to play with barry, walter, earl and some of the guys like that... ill look and see what ign and gamespot say about it when its released to kno if i am going to get it or not... if its good enough it might push madden back a little

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Wow, it actually looks like Jerry Rice. Most all the Madden players look exactly the same it seems. I've played franchise and seen 30 Keith Bullucks on other teams. Same exact face and all.
    I hope 2k8 at least nails the simple things that Madden doesn't. Like, If I score a touchdown while being the AWAY team - the HOME crowd shouldn't be cheering. Or even better, when the ball is on the 20, maybe the crowd should be looking at the 20 instead of the 50. Small things like that irk me.

6. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

More info....

* LEGENDS - Over 240 NFL legends make their return to the gridiron, including Hall of Famers such as Johnny Unitas, **** Butkus, Joe Montana, Mike Singletary, Reggie White and Walter Payton.
    * SIGNATURE STYLE - Legends have their own signature moves in the game - Barry's spin, Walter's scissors kick, Jerry's one-handed grabÑthey're all there.
    * 2K SPORTS LEGACY - For the first time ever 2K Sports, the developers of top selling football games, will bring their critically acclaimed gameplay & graphics to the next generation platforms.
    * ALL-NEW PLAYER ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM - Gone are the 0-100 ratings so common for players in a simulation game. In APF the players have unique attributes that give them specialized skills. There are over a hundred distinct attributes available.
    * REACH TACKLE SYSTEM - Revolutionary new tackling scheme utilizes the right analog stick to allow you to make those last grasp tackles and stop a runner in his tracks.
    * INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION - Build your roster, edit your team logo, uniforms, and choose your own celebrations after touchdowns, sacks and big plays.
    * CREATE-A-PLAYER - Build any player from the ground up including equipment, uniform and all of his physical attributes.
    * ADVANCED PLAY CALLING - Modify your playbook, set your coach tendencies, and have the coach call in the plays over a headset.
    * 2K SPORTS ONLINE - Full league and tournament support, league and schedule customization options.
    * 2K BROADCAST STYLE - New presentation style will combine TV broadcast with on field commentary bringing you closer to the action.
    * 2K Broadcasting – A new style combining TV broadcast with on- field commentary to put you closer to the action than ever before.
    * 2K BEATS – The All-Pro Football Soundtrack features originals, remixes and mashups produced by Z-Trip and featuring: Rakim, Dead Prez, Charli 2na, Slug, Aceyalone, Casual, Pep Love, Lateef, Gift of Gab, Keno 1, DJ Faust, Chevelle, Clutch, Dub Trio, Natural Self, Backyard Bangers, Deftones and Rush.

http://www.2ksports.com/games/football2k8/screens/view#2570

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Later

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I liked how the stadiums reflect the custom teams bhy way of architecture. I just hope they have more logos than before. Some of the old logos were all but useless.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

umm THIGPEN!!!!

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

wtf!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! It does say Thigpen! Is that Yancy! HOW in gods name is he in this game lmao

10. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

They are saying that you will be able to create your own logo.

I believe Yancey will be one of the lower ranked legends. From what I am hearing, you will only be allowed so many legends when you draft your team.

The legends are ranked by Gold, Silver and Bronze and they limit how many players of each ranking you can have on your team.

Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar