Allen v Howard -- Draft Wars Rd. 2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 19, 2017.

?
  1. Allen

30.0%
  2. Howard

70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

The first offense v defense match up, and it is a couple of Bama boys. The Allen-Thomas battle was close and did not go the way I thought. This one should be interesting.

upload_2017-4-19_14-33-32.png

2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

This is the toughest one out of all of round 2 to me. I love both of these guys and would be thrilled if we got either.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Which Bama Bust will bust less?

• LOL LOL x 3
  4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Some of you guys have sold me - I want OJ Howard.

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I went Howard because I feel our DL is a strength and after Walked, we have nothing at TE.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

I love Allen as well, but believe Howard would have the bigger impact on our team.

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I'm all for taking Defense with 5 and 18 but in this case, I just think our DL is not where I would spend either pick. That said, I think Howard improves the team more than Allen would.

8. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Allen will be a good player. OJ could be better, or worse.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

At #5 I want a guy that has freakish athletic ability or has shown to be a true impact player. I just don't see it in Allen. I think he will be a very solid pro player, but I'm not sure he will be an impact player. I really think Howard could be a matchup nightmare. I just don't see Allen as a guy that offenses have to game plan against.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Like them both. Not sure how Allen beat out Thomas. It's a tie in my book. Read on if you care.

Howard is the best TE in the draft but he not the Myles Garrett of TE's in this draft. (Nobody is) But pairing OJH with DW in two TE sets with the other backfield options we have would be beastly.

We REALLY need to improve the D. I just can't say grab a TE at #5 because we can get a different significant offensive weapons with #12-18. So if we're at 5 I'd have to go Allen because we will WIN more games because Allen's speed/power on our DL than we would with OJH blocking/catching. If we're picking at >=#10 and Allen gone, then I'd go Howard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar