Alright, so I have beef with Apple.

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Which would make a terrible meal combo, but I've had beef with Apple for awhile. Most of you know this, but for those that don't I'll explain in short:
    To me, apple makes the same product everyone else does, or even crappier - but slaps a cute design on, lets their great marketing team work their magic, and overcharges like crazy for the product.

The ipod is the perfect example of this. Now, every time I used the ipod as an example, the rebuttal I hear most is "well - it's easier to use". Of course it is. Because dragging and dropping files is a difficult process on any other mp3 player, right?

Anyway: This weekend, my wife brings home a cute little Apple Ipod Shuffle. A co-worker of hers wants me to add some songs for her daughter. Cool, no big deal. So I get the songs, drag and drop...easy! So I want to hear how the quality is on the songs I added to this player, right?
    I turn it on. The green light flashes. I push play...orange light flashes... and...

nothing.

So, I figure I must have pushed the play button twice, pausing it. I push it again to resume...orange light flashes...and...

nothing.

At this point, I'm a bit irritated. This is the mp3 player that everyone told me is so easy to use, yet I've never had an issue with the other 3 mp3 players I've had. Congrats to apple for being my first! Go figure.

So I do a search on google, and it turns out that this problem is common. What's the fix? I must reformat the mp3 player and update the software. Seriously? I have to update software on an mp3 player to hear songs?? Since i didn't have the software, my wife returned it to the lady and I'm not sure if her daughter got it working or not, but I thought I should share my experience with apple, so now I at least have a bit of substance to back my 'not worth it' claims.

Did you know? Apple's logo is an apple with a bite taken out of it. Apple is pure evil. There are only 2 famous apples that I can recall, and both involve evil. Eve took a bite of an apple - and this became the most suitable logo for this company that obviously sold their souls to satan in order to completely rob consumers without them even caring.

Oh! New iphone out soon! Get it before the next one releases a week after!

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Two apples? What about William Tell haven't you heard that one?

btw that opening cracked me up.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Don't know what is more pathetic. The fact you are whining over a $60 mp3 player by typing a long rant or the fact that you did it at 4:30 in the morning.

4. I think it's more pathetic that he (apparently) tried doing it without installing Apple's software specifically designed to sync with the ipod and so somehow it's Apple's fault... :ha:

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Or sharing mp3s... :suspect:

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

iPod ---------------------- Everyone Else ---------------------- Zune

For the most flexibility, always go to the middle :)

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Music player on my phone ftw

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Just don't buy the products if you're disgusted...:ha:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm sure Apple is intentionally pissing him off exclusively

RTFM !

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Because the time really means something...Sorry I don't go to bed at 8pm with the rest of Tennessee.
    Let's see...apple requires me to install software for their mp3 player...yet you're saying it's NOT their fault? lmao Like I said - I've owned 3 mp3 players, plenty of storage devices - and not one of them required software before it worked properly.

But you're an apple fan, so what's the use here? Lube up, and keep taking it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar