Alright, so I have beef with Apple.

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Deuce Wayne, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The problem isn't the software, it's the user...

2. TitanTom0987

TitanTom0987 This Post Is Rated RKO

I've owned two ipods and the first one busted some six months after it took quite a tumble so I was playing with house money on that one. The second one was the Classic and their software update totally bricked it and I had to send it back. Other than that I've enjoyed the experience.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yep, that sounds like a problem in the chair-to-keyboard interface. Try using alcohol.

:))

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

And windows is just a bad copy of Mac's OS. BTW, Macs do "just work". I've owned three Macs, the oldest being 16yrs, and they are still in full use.

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Windows is much worse than OS X.

Don't mistake me for a Windows partisan.
    I just find Cuppertino as objectionable as Redmond.

Slapping a brand name on the same hardware as a Windows box, and making trivial changes to open source software should not command a premium price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JixbzFjv_cU

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

My biggest problem with iTunes is the fact that if you download a song from the store, they tend to come in that really weird .m4p format that only works with iTunes and iPods. I personally believe that if I'm willing to pay for a music file, it should come in a universal format that works with anything (.mp3) and I should be able to burn or sync the file as many times as I want. That's not too much to ask.

Btw, I'm glad Windows finally did some commercials of their own. The Mac commercials get on my nerves. I've used Macs at school and PCs at home, and I like the PCs a heck of a lot better.

[Edit] For whoever said something about Windows Media Player, I've used it for years and I absolutely love it. There are a few small things that get on my nerves, but no program is perfect.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

I hate windows media player. I've gone through 2 PC's in 4 years.
    Both gave me BSOD. I don't like Windows

8. Tuckfro42

What price would you put on never having to worry about viruses, or system crashes? What about the included premium software (i.e. imovie & iphoto) or updates that don't lead to dead programs? Macs are premium computer systems. Just because they have become popular with rich, fad-following, college freshmen, doesn't mean Apple compromises its quality.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Apple is no longer immune to viruses.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12537279/

10. Tuckfro42

Um, go to Preferences and click on Import Settings. You can choose from multiple formats, including .mp3. Try using iTunes before being critical of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar