Alternative drafts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

i really wanted Jonothan Wade, i woulda swapped him for Paul Williams and picked up williams in the 4th.

2. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Who's going to catch passes?

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Is that :sarcasm: ?

4. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

:ha: Wouldn't have been a bad joke, but no I missed your Smith pick, I was thinking Woodley

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I package em all and trade up for Calvin. :brow:

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Williams is The Freak :yes:

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

What I found most dissapointing was that we didn't make any aggresive moves. We stayed put and hoped our players fell to us.

In the 1st I really wanted Harrell, but am not shattered with the Griffin pick.

In the 2nd the 6 picks directly in front of us were Rice, Jarrett, Woodley, David Harris, Justin Durant and Kenny Irons. I would have been happy with any of those 6 if we had of been able to swing a move up. Where we sat, I would have taken Ryan Kalil.

In the 3rd I really wanted Brandon Mebane. He went a few picks after Williams. Again, if we were targetting a receiver (even Williams) I would have preferred to see the Titans trade up a few spots to grab him and not leave it to chance. 6 of the 7 picks before us were receivers, and I'd be surprised if we rated Williams at the top of those 7 and were fortunate enough for hi to fall all the way to us.

I like LeRoy Harris in the 4th and am not too upset about Davis (hoping for a D-Mase clone), but was dissapointed we still didn't go DT with Kareem Brown and Turk McBride still there.

Our picks in the last few rounds are fine by me (I like the CB from Florida), but I would have happily sacrificed one or two of them to move up in one of the earlier rounds and get one of the players I mentioned.

I can't recall the last time we went into a draft with a set of picks and ended up picking at the exact spot we were slated to for each pick without any trades.

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Agreed. Not being aggressive and making some moves for guys we targeted was a shatty move.

The potential of trading our 19 for Cleveland's 08' 1st rounder and 3.03 was big as well.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Ted Ginn + Michael Turner + Mike Williams + Jonothan Wade + Quentin Moses

woulda coulda and shoulda been the sickest draft for the titans in a long long time.........

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

ted ginn wont even participate in the dolphins mini camps because of his foot injury. no thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar