Am I crazy to think there's a chance AJ Green falls to us?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SawdustMan, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Anything is possible, but I just can't fathom Green getting past Cleveland.

2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

cleveland needs alot of help on the defensive side and dont have as many draft picks as the pats so i could see them taken the best defensive player on the board

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Comments in bold...

What many people fail to realize, is that the titans may want to move Britt after a cba is announced so we very well could be in the market for a new #1 WR. Perhaps we could make a 3 way trade to move Britt and a next years second to aquire Kolb.

Many teams have Peterson or Green as the best player on their boards according to the experts. There is no consensus at DL or QB. I would want a kings ransom to move out of the pick if Green is there and even then, without a 1st rnd pick next year specifically for taking Luck should we need it, I think I'd still take Green.

Gut

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If a trade like that happened, I would be pissed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. gran54

gran54 Starter

I can't see how we pass on AJ Green if he is there at 8, but our owner is Bud Adams. I'd love AJ in the 1st and Mallett in the 2nd. That would be a monster boost to our offense.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

And what about our defense? lol

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Your posts are always quality. I'd be interested in seeing a Gut mock. Do you have one?

8. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I'm actually pretty convinced Green WILL be there at 8. Cincinnati HAS to draft a QB if Gabbert or Newton is there, or else they just plain don't have a QB next year. Mike Holmgren has only drafted a WR in the first one time in 17 years as a head coach and one as a GM, and that was semi-bust Koren Robinson; doubt he wants to repeat that. He won't pass on Fairley, Dareus, Quinn, Miller, really any top defender to take a WR, even one as highly-touted as Green.

As far as who might want to trade up for him: how about San Diego? They're aggressive traders in the draft, covet elite talent over "role players," and are on the verge of losing half their receiver corps. We could pick up 1:18 and 2:18 from them, then trade 2:8 and 2:18 and have two mid-first round picks. Spend one on D-line (maybe Liuget, Taylor, Kerrigan, Jordan, Paea) and one on a QB, who comes at a good price in the late first (see Britt's contract numbers above for reference).

But I'm just dreaming my life away there...

9. gran54

gran54 Starter

Touche lol but it would be tough for me as a fan to pass on AJ Green. Very well considered for number 1 overall. This is why we need free agency before the draft, we have tooooooooo many needs lol

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Colt McCoy has a Chad Pennington-like arm, he can play for 10 years before that noodle goes to crap. I think Cleveland has to go WR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar