Am I Right or Wrong

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LT21Titans27, Apr 22, 2007.

?
  1. He should pay for it

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. He shouldnt pay for it, its my fault

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. He shouldnt pay for it, but he shouldnt have told you he'd pay for it at the beginning

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Ok, this is a little long, but im looking for some insight because Im pissed and confused, so here we go.

A couple weeks ago me and all my friends were playing street hockey, I had to leave early, so I took all my goalie gear off, set it down, said goodbye to everyone, said make sure my gear gets brought in to the group of people standing around and walked away.

A week later when its time to play again, I arrive at my friends house, where we play and where I keep my hockey gear, to find all my gear is gone, when I ask where it is, eveyone tells me my buddy never brought in my gear, so it got stolen, so after a little argueing, he agrees to pay me back, although he states he never noticed it and that he went inside after I left, althought from where he was standing when I left, he had to walk right past the gear.

So I go out, spend about 200 bucks on all new hockey gear, also making sure i spend the same amount on the new gear that I did on the old gear so I wasnt ripping my friend off

When we play hockey today, my buddys brother, the other goalie, notices his helment is missing, when he asks everyone, guess what he finds out, that once again, the same person left it outside and once again, someone going by happened to noice it and took it.

Well, ne ways, I had my new gear today, and i was playing in it, when i notice my one friend(the one who lost my gear), goes in early, while his brother(one who got his helment stolen), keeps playing.

Hour passes, were all done playing, we go back across the street to where my friends house is, then, the kids dad comes out, and decides to tell me and his older son(one who had helment stolen bc of younger one) that me nor his son will recieve any compensation money wise, and that its our fault for losing it, and that it was our responsibility to take care of our own stuff.

I didnt even try to aruge, bc Im a hothead and I know the cops woulda got called and I woulda been charged with beating my one friend and his own dads skull into the ground. SO now me and my friend arent talking, although I still want to be friends with his older brother

For me, Im confuesed on a couple levels

1 - Why does my friend and his dad think they shouldnt pay for my gear after he left it out

2 - How can he say Im responsible when I didnt get told my gear was stolen until I got there, and he didnt tell me he wasnt planning on paying me before i used my new gear, in case I wanted to return it

3 - How am I gonna stay friends with the older brother when Im pissed at the younger one for screwing me out of 200$

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Hard lesson learned, but you gotta take this one. You shouldn't have left your gear out and left it up to someone else to care for it.

3. i think he should pay for it, cause he sounds like a douche

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

your gear, your responsibility.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I concur.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

"A couple weeks ago me and all my friends were playing street hockey, I had to leave early, so I took all my goalie gear off, set it down, said goodbye to everyone, said make sure my gear gets brought in to the group of people standing around and walked away."

Why diddnt you take it with you? Thats the only thing I see wrong with what you said. Other then that , the dad seems like a douche who just dosent wanna fork up the money that his son owes you.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

He should pay you, but he's clearly not going to, and there's not really any way you can make him. Tough lesson, but bottom line, it's your responsibility, so watch who you trust with your things.

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I went with option 3

Here's my thought on it, how can you blame one person if you just asked the group to make sure the stuff got put away? That's the lesson you should take from this, when you want something to get done either do it yourself or specifically ask someone to do it, otherwise everyone can just say they thought someone else would get it. I don't think he should have told you he would pay for it, mainly because I don't think it should have been his responsibility, as has been said already how hard would it have been to just take your stuff with you?

9. In the end, I'd say you should be responsible for making sure your gear gets put away. Yes, he should have done it, but in the end it's your stuff so it's your responsibility.

Furthermore, is your friendship worth more or less than the price of the gear?

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Way to go, Doctor Phil.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar