Training Camp Amano out for the season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bad for him, good for the team :cool:

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I won't miss this

3. Pjames32

Pjames32 Starter

As bad as he was last year, he was starting for a reason. If Velasco or Matthews come in and are even worse we are going to be in big trouble. We made a big mistake by not upgrading at C this offseason.

4. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

haha. i know he's kinda short but a man his size should not be moved that easily in that video

5. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I hate to say this but we are probably better for it. I hope Amano makes a recovery and doesn't lose his career over this. That being said I hope Velasco/Mathews/Valchos take the job and never look back

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I was all for replacing him. Just a bad deal how it's gonna happen now. No body should be excited he is hurt is all I'm saying.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Obviously, the Titans coaching staff thought the position was in need during the off-season. That likely means they don't feel great about Velasco or Matthews. Maybe one steps up big but it's not good news he's out for the season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have lost center Eugene Amano for season after MRI results on Saturday he has a torn right triceps.

Amano, the team’s starting center the past two seasons, suffered the injury during Thursday night’s practice.

The Titans plan to let Fernando Velasco and Kevin Matthews compete for the starting spot. Velasco worked with the first-team unit on Saturday with Matthews out with a concussion.

“He’ll need surgery at some point next week, but he was told that today,’’ Coach Mike Munchak said of Amano’s news. “It is disappointed (for Eugene). Those things are rare for linemen. He is no doubt depressed and disappointed. He was excited about the opportunity and winning the spot.”

Amano has started 68 games for the Titans since 2004. He became a regular starter in 2008, and spent the 2008-09 seasons as the starting left guard.

Munchak said the Titans plan to explore other options at the center position, but indicated “the guys here now, that’s what we’ll be working with.” Leroy Harris is expected to win the job at right guard, where he’s played all training camp.

Source: Titans Insider

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

Am I the only one happy about this?

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

John McClain said on the radio last week he thought Matthews would win the job and be starting at C for years to come. I have no idea why he's so high on the kid but it would be nice if he ended up playing at as high a level as some of his kinfolk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar