Amazing numbers for 8...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Wingman, Nov 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Maritoa is living in a protected world. You just don't see it because our running game is so good. MM and Brady should not even be in the same sentence. He can make about 70% of the throws that Brady can. When he can stand in the pocket and know he's about to get the living crap knocked out of him but he delivers a strike anyway then you can talk. Most of those numbers have been run up against teams that were below or just at .500 too. We finally play an 8-4 team and he gets 88 yards.

2. Wingman

Wingman Starter

we have beat 3 teams in the top 10 power rankings- Detroit, green bay and Denver and played the raiders to the end as well. yes, 88 yards was not great- but the play was too run. we did and we won.

But I am cuirious. if 28 total tds, versus 8 picks isn't good enough- what would you do. Bench the franchise for a turnover free victory of the defending superbowl champions? please reveal your motives...

3. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Please quote the part where I stated that he played brilliantly. I'll be waiting for your response.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I don't think this comes even close to me stating that he played "brilliantly", do you @Deuce Wayne?

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I have no motive. My INTENT is to wait and see. It should be yours too. But rah rah on if you wish.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I mostly agree with your posts on the wait and see for Mariota and still agree that just because Mariota played smart against Denver, does not mean it was a good game, but this post does not really help your argument in my opinion.

For starters, living in a protected world is exactly what has gotten Dak all the credit he's gotten. literally the best run game in the league.

As far as Mariota and Brady in the same sentence, how about this:
    Mariota has out performed every other QB this year scratch maybe Tom Brady.

As far as standing in the pocket about to get crushed, how about instead of that strike (similar to the very immobile Brady), he uses his legs and runs for a First down or something. Saw this against Denver.

Mostly I agree with you, but if you're on the sit and wait, it might be best to just sit and wait, then comment. His play will speak for itself AND for the haters or lovers.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Don't really get the "wait and see" talk. Wait on what? I'm enjoying it now.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Totally agree

Some need to sit, wait and stfu

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Why can't you? Why are you the first person to knock him down when he has a less than stellar game?(Hell, you even knock him for the stellar ones as well.)

So if we have to sit and wait to say he's our franchise QB, why don't you have to sit and wait to say he's a flop or isn't getting it?

And you complain that the people who are positive on Mariota compare him to Brady, but then you go and do the same thing on the negative side.

Bit hypocritical much?

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Mariota has proven to me he is a franchise QB, he's also proven he is young and still learning. He's going to make mistakes, have bad games but so do the vets. Brady has had less than stellar games, Manning, Rodgers, Brees as well.
    Indy won a SB with Manning playing below average. Denver won with an average Manning.
    It happens to them all, why get down on Mariota when it happens in year 2?

• High Five High Five x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar